magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes

#1: Sour starters

Posted on 2006-05-24 11:16:20 by tfiedler

I've recently made a couple of sour dough starters.

They smell. Sour but wow, not pleasant. Is this normal? Also, mine seemed
to go bubbly in a day and I was under the impression that it should take a
few days, should I be concerned about the starters I have?

I took the time to wash my mason jars and lids in the dishwasher and then
boil them for a half hour to make sure they were sterile.

Thanks for any insight!

Todd

#2: Re: Sour starters

Posted on 2006-05-25 03:29:26 by graham

&quot;tfiedler&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:tfiedler&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">tfiedler&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:Xns97CD2B7EF3C4Dtfiedleryahoocom42&#64;207.115.17.102..." target="_blank">Xns97CD2B7EF3C4Dtfiedleryahoocom42&#64;207.115.17.102...</a>
&gt; I've recently made a couple of sour dough starters.
&gt;
&gt; They smell. Sour but wow, not pleasant. Is this normal? Also, mine seemed
&gt; to go bubbly in a day and I was under the impression that it should take a
&gt; few days, should I be concerned about the starters I have?
&gt;
&gt; I took the time to wash my mason jars and lids in the dishwasher and then
&gt; boil them for a half hour to make sure they were sterile.
&gt;
&gt; Thanks for any insight!
&gt;
&gt; Todd

Post on rec.food.sourdough

You'll find experts there.
Graham

#3: Re: Sour starters

Posted on 2006-06-02 03:48:44 by mopsing

--WebTV-Mail-25203-6330

I consider myself somewhat of an expert, since I have been making sour
dough bread for at least 12 years now. I would be glad to send you a
dried starter that you can reconstitute, and I also have a starter
recipe that I can give you to make an excellent starter for regular
bread----let me know-----

--WebTV-Mail-25203-6330

&lt;html&gt;
&lt;body bgcolor=&quot;khaki&quot; text=&quot;black&quot;&gt;
&lt;bgsound
src=&quot;<a href="http://www.wtv-zone.com/GrannyJ/grannyJ2/midis/stardust.mid" target="_blank">http://www.wtv-zone.com/GrannyJ/grannyJ2/midis/stardust.mid</a>&quot;
loop=-1&quot;&gt;
&lt;center&gt;
&lt;td valign=&quot;bottom&quot;&gt;
&lt;img
src=&quot;<a href="http://siggiez.com/images/dollz/names/Carole.gif" target="_blank">http://siggiez.com/images/dollz/names/Carole.gif</a>&quot;&gt;
&lt;p&gt;
&lt;/center&gt;
&lt;font color=&quot;navy&quot;&gt;
&lt;marquee scrollamount=&quot;2&quot; direction=&quot;right&quot; behavior=slide&quot;&gt;
~~~~~~justpooponit~~~~~~
&lt;/marquee&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

--WebTV-Mail-25203-6330--

#4: Re: Sour starters

Posted on 2006-06-03 23:17:23 by Jim Davis

~~~Carole~~~ wrote:
&gt; I consider myself somewhat of an expert, since I have been making sour
&gt; dough bread for at least 12 years now. I would be glad to send you a
&gt; dried starter that you can reconstitute, and I also have a starter
&gt; recipe that I can give you to make an excellent starter for regular
&gt; bread----let me know-----
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; ------------------------------------------------------------ ------------
&gt;
&gt; ~~~~~~justpooponit~~~~~~
&gt;
I love sourdough but haven't been able to do here on the beach. Tell me
more!

#5: Re: Sour starters

Posted on 2006-06-04 12:06:07 by butterflyangel

hello Carole is it possible for you to post the recipe for the sour
starter or send it to me via email
thanks ever so much tessa
~~~Carole~~~ wrote:
&gt; I consider myself somewhat of an expert, since I have been making sour
&gt; dough bread for at least 12 years now. I would be glad to send you a
&gt; dried starter that you can reconstitute, and I also have a starter
&gt; recipe that I can give you to make an excellent starter for regular
&gt; bread----let me know-----
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; --WebTV-Mail-25203-6330
&gt; Content-Description: signature
&gt; Content-Type: Text/HTML
&gt; Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
&gt; X-Google-AttachSize: 365
&gt;
&gt; &lt;html&gt;
&gt; &lt;body bgcolor=&quot;khaki&quot; text=&quot;black&quot;&gt;
&gt; &lt;bgsound
&gt; src=&quot;<a href="http://www.wtv-zone.com/GrannyJ/grannyJ2/midis/stardust.mid" target="_blank">http://www.wtv-zone.com/GrannyJ/grannyJ2/midis/stardust.mid</a>&quot;
&gt; loop=-1&quot;&gt;
&gt; &lt;center&gt;
&gt; &lt;td valign=&quot;bottom&quot;&gt;
&gt; &lt;img
&gt; src=&quot;<a href="http://siggiez.com/images/dollz/names/Carole.gif" target="_blank">http://siggiez.com/images/dollz/names/Carole.gif</a>&quot;&gt;
&gt; &lt;p&gt;
&gt; &lt;/center&gt;
&gt; &lt;font color=&quot;navy&quot;&gt;
&gt; &lt;marquee scrollamount=&quot;2&quot; direction=&quot;right&quot; behavior=slide&quot;&gt;
&gt; ~~~~~~justpooponit~~~~~~
&gt; &lt;/marquee&gt;
&gt; &lt;/html&gt;
&gt;