poids magret de canard par personne, magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail

#1: creme cake

Posted on 2006-06-02 14:41:22 by gonzalezalex

I live in south florida and we have this chain of supermarkets named
Publix that sell all type of cakes they call creme cake. I've been
dieing to reproduce their taste and I ran across this local bakeshop in
miami called Latina Bakery, their web site is www.latinabakery.com and
the owner gave me the recipe, it goes like this

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/3 cup shortening
1 3/4 cups sugar
4 egg yolks (whites used later in recipe)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup buttermilk
3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
4 egg whites
12 ounces cream cheese
6 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
6-7 cups confectioners' sugar
1/2 cup coconut, toasted
pecan halves (optional)

Directions:
Grease and flour three 8- or 9-inch round baking pans. (NOTE: This cake
can also be baked in a 9x13-inch pan (35 to 40 minutes cooking time).
If you make 9x13-inch cake, you will only need half of frosting
recipe).

Preheat oven to 350=B0F.
In large bowl, beat butter and shortening with mixer until combined.
Add sugar; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolks and vanilla; beat well.
In another bowl,combine flour, baking powder and soda.
Add dry mixture and buttermilk alternately to butter mixture, beating
on low after each addition just until combined.
Stir in chopped pecans.
Thoroughly wash and dry beaters.
In clean bowl, beat egg whites with mixer on high speed until stiff
peaks form.
Stir about one-third of egg whites into the cake batter, then fold in
remaining whites.
Divide batter evenly between prepared pans.
Bake at 350?F for 18 to 30 minutes (depending on size of pan and oven
temperature) until wooden toothpicks inserted near centers come out
clean.
Cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.
Remove from pans and cool completely on wire racks.
Make Cream Cheese frosting: In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 6
tablespoons butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla until smooth.
Gradually stir in powdered sugar until frosting is right consistency
for spreading, beating until smooth. (Makes about 4 cups frosting).
Assemble cake, frosting between layers and top.
Sprinkle top with toasted coconut and garnish with pecan halves.
Cover loosely and store in refrigerator.
=20
You can use this for anything ..ALex

#2: Re: creme cake

Posted on 2006-06-03 23:45:06 by Mike H

@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

&gt; I live in south florida and we have this chain of supermarkets named
&gt; Publix that sell all type of cakes they call creme cake. I've been
&gt; dieing to reproduce their taste and I ran across this local bakeshop in
&gt; miami called Latina Bakery, their web site is www.latinabakery.com and
&gt; the owner gave me the recipe, it goes like this

How does it measure up to Publix' cakes? I used to work in the bakery of
one in Jacksonville many years ago (11) and I loved those cakes. They
weren't made in the store, so no chance of a recipe from there.

#3: Re: creme cake

Posted on 2006-06-09 02:23:27 by gonzalezalex

It taste just like the publix cake, I think better when I do it myself,
they website for the bakery will soon have a recipe section at
www.latinabakery.com , and although they cater / catering all over
miami and south florida I don't think they go to Jacksonville
Mike H wrote:
&gt; <a href="mailto:gonzalezalex&#64;gmail.com" target="_blank">gonzalezalex&#64;gmail.com</a> wrote in news:1149255947.180031.28840
&gt; @i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; I live in south florida and we have this chain of supermarkets named
&gt; &gt; Publix that sell all type of cakes they call creme cake. I've been
&gt; &gt; dieing to reproduce their taste and I ran across this local bakeshop in
&gt; &gt; miami called Latina Bakery, their web site is www.latinabakery.com and
&gt; &gt; the owner gave me the recipe, it goes like this
&gt;
&gt; How does it measure up to Publix' cakes? I used to work in the bakery of
&gt; one in Jacksonville many years ago (11) and I loved those cakes. They
&gt; weren't made in the store, so no chance of a recipe from there.

#4: Re: creme cake

Posted on 2006-06-09 08:18:53 by Mike H

@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

&gt; It taste just like the publix cake, I think better when I do it myself

Cool, I'll have to try it some time, and play with it. Been over 10 years
since I left Publix, I miss the job at times, and that cake (and their
store brand ice cream actually lol).

&gt; I don't think they go to Jacksonville

Don't matter to me, I'm clear across the country from there now lol