magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes

#1: Re: Rotiserie chicken on the BBQ

Posted on 2006-06-05 17:16:40 by WilliansWalker

Sheldon wrote:
> BOB wrote:
> > "Sheldon" wrote
> > ::
> > :: For typical home use the Weber line is probably pound for pound the
> > :: best there is...
> >
> > Funny, on a BBQ forum, I just made a very similar response. I wrote
> > "dollar per pound or pound per dollar, it's the best there is..."
> > talking about a Weber Smokey Mountain.
>
> I wouldn't call it funny, I've posted that same line here about Weber
> grills about 3-4 times over more than twice as many years... you
> probably read my old posts, or others have and paraphrased me, which
> occurs quite often. I've never posted to the Q group, in fact I've
> never even peeked in there, or any other of the food groups for that
> matter... enough posters from those groups post and cross post here
> often enough that I know following those groups would bore me to tears.
> Rfc is becoming pretty dull of late too, it's hardly about food
> anymore and what little occurs is infantile claptrap.
>
> Sheldon
Well I use lump charcoal, a drip pan; make sure heat is proper(I have
no thermometer but use judgement). Chicken is done quickly and simply.
Before I put on the rotisserie I take a couple of tsp. salt and dump
inside cavity. I usually do about 3 chicks at a time though(my unit is
some home made contraption with some distance between the coals and
meat; judgement and experience comes into play). Also this is not
strictly a smoked chicken; it is more swiss chalet style but better
because I use real charcoal. I serve a dipping sauce which is homemade
but resembles a swiss chalet type sauce but better because I do not use
an artificial sauce base; I make a good chicken stock and reduce by
1/2; add water and reduce by 1/2 again; then use drippings to make a
roux; add stock and other goodies(you can find a decent recipe for
rotisserie chicken dipping sauce on the web)