difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes, food .tw mail

#1: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-10 15:44:36 by usual suspect

Kevan Smith &lt;<a href="mailto:cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com" target="_blank">cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; I think both of you are missing the truth from opposite ends. People don't
&gt; &gt; deserve moral brownie points for raising livestock, that's absurd, but
&gt; &gt; calling their lives a living hell is just hyperbole designed to inflame.
&gt; &gt; Animals in such a state would not thrive and unhealthy animals is not good
&gt; &gt; business. Also, saying categorically that slaughter is inhumane is just
&gt; &gt; untrue. Check out this site
&gt; &gt; <a href="http://www.grandin.com/survey/2005.restaurant.audits.html" target="_blank">http://www.grandin.com/survey/2005.restaurant.audits.html</a> These audits
&gt; &gt; reveal when there are problems. These issues have been decreasing steadily
&gt; &gt; over the years, and when sound practises are employed, few problems are
&gt; &gt; reported.
&gt;
&gt; I am specifically singling out large factory farms. Life for animals on
&gt; those farms is indeed a living hell. They definitely do not thrive, and
&gt; they are often unhealthy.

Utter bullshit. In the aggregate, large-scale producers spend more per unit on preventive care to ensure healthier herds, flocks, etc., because their tighter margins are affected by the price they get for quality. While you may be able to find occasional instances of shoddy producers, they're exceptions to the rule. You're far more likely to find unhealthy animals on smaller farms, where there's less financial risk from one animal making the rest unwell because (a) there are fewer animals and (b) the profit margin per animal is (usually) greater.

&gt; Sick and diseased animals do make it into the
&gt; human food chain that way.

Bullshit, and you should use the phrase &quot;human food supply&quot; instead of referring to the food chain in this context.

&gt; Mass mechanized slaughter as practiced in today's slaughterhouses is
&gt; inhumane to many of the animals rendered, as even your link shows.
&gt; Further, the study you cite doesn't mention methodology. How was the
&gt; data collected? Was a non-biased observer collecting the data, or did it
&gt; come from factory-supplied paperwork?

It's not inhumane. The links you were provided showed isolated instances, while the general rule is that animals are well-treated.

&gt; Anyway, there is plenty of video footage of factory farms and
&gt; slaughterhouses available on the internet.

Yes, from extremists with a no-meat agenda.

&gt; Since seeing is believing,

Gullible twat. Those are isolated instances, and many of those videos were used to prosecute bad operators. The norm is NOT as the extremists portray. They have no use for videos showing farmers taking proper care of their animals or of slaughterhouses where the rules are followed to a T. You won't find those videos -- the ones showing the NORM -- because they don't suit the perverted agenda of the AR groups you belong.

#2: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-10 22:40:24 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#3: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-10 23:04:30 by rick etter

&quot;Kevan Smith&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com" target="_blank">cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:cuthulu-9D6EA1.15402410062006&#64;news.newsguy.com..." target="_blank">cuthulu-9D6EA1.15402410062006&#64;news.newsguy.com...</a>
&gt; In article &lt;<a href="mailto:20060610084452.7682a18e.support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">20060610084452.7682a18e.support&#64;our.troops</a>&gt;,
&gt; chico chupacabra &lt;<a href="mailto:support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">support&#64;our.troops</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; Anyway, there is plenty of video footage of factory farms
&gt;&gt; &gt; and
&gt;&gt; &gt; slaughterhouses available on the internet.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Yes, from extremists with a no-meat agenda.
&gt;
&gt; If the conditions inside the farms are so good, it seems to me
&gt; the
&gt; companies would want to present their own video to counter what
&gt; you call
&gt; video from &quot;extremists with a no-meat agenda.&quot; Where is their
&gt; video?
&gt; ===============================
LOL You don't need one when real people are buying your product,
fool. Stooping to the level of idiot AR extremists doesn't do
anything for real people.

&gt; --
&gt; fneep

#4: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-11 19:20:09 by dh

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:44:36 GMT, chico chupacabra &lt;<a href="mailto:support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">support&#64;our.troops</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;Kevan Smith &lt;<a href="mailto:cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com" target="_blank">cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; I think both of you are missing the truth from opposite ends. People don't
&gt;&gt; &gt; deserve moral brownie points for raising livestock, that's absurd, but
&gt;&gt; &gt; calling their lives a living hell is just hyperbole designed to inflame.
&gt;&gt; &gt; Animals in such a state would not thrive and unhealthy animals is not good
&gt;&gt; &gt; business. Also, saying categorically that slaughter is inhumane is just
&gt;&gt; &gt; untrue. Check out this site
&gt;&gt; &gt; <a href="http://www.grandin.com/survey/2005.restaurant.audits.html" target="_blank">http://www.grandin.com/survey/2005.restaurant.audits.html</a> These audits
&gt;&gt; &gt; reveal when there are problems. These issues have been decreasing steadily
&gt;&gt; &gt; over the years, and when sound practises are employed, few problems are
&gt;&gt; &gt; reported.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; I am specifically singling out large factory farms. Life for animals on
&gt;&gt; those farms is indeed a living hell. They definitely do not thrive, and
&gt;&gt; they are often unhealthy.
&gt;
&gt;Utter bullshit. In the aggregate, large-scale producers spend more per unit on preventive care to ensure healthier herds, flocks, etc., because their tighter margins are affected by the price they get for quality. While you may be able to find occasional instances of shoddy producers, they're exceptions to the rule. You're far more likely to find unhealthy animals on smaller farms, where there's less financial risk from one animal making the rest unwell because (a) there are fewer animals and (b) the profit margin per animal is (usually) greater.
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Sick and diseased animals do make it into the
&gt;&gt; human food chain that way.
&gt;
&gt;Bullshit, and you should use the phrase &quot;human food supply&quot; instead of referring to the food chain in this context.
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Mass mechanized slaughter as practiced in today's slaughterhouses is
&gt;&gt; inhumane to many of the animals rendered, as even your link shows.
&gt;&gt; Further, the study you cite doesn't mention methodology. How was the
&gt;&gt; data collected? Was a non-biased observer collecting the data, or did it
&gt;&gt; come from factory-supplied paperwork?
&gt;
&gt;It's not inhumane. The links you were provided showed isolated instances, while the general rule is that animals are well-treated.
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Anyway, there is plenty of video footage of factory farms and
&gt;&gt; slaughterhouses available on the internet.
&gt;
&gt;Yes, from extremists with a no-meat agenda.
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Since seeing is believing,
&gt;
&gt;Gullible twat. Those are isolated instances, and many of those videos were used to prosecute bad operators.

It's another of those amusing though sad and contemptible things,
that &quot;aras&quot; can't really afford to boast about that end of it...because
decent AW works AGAINST the gross misnomer &quot;ar&quot;. Even when
they get the results they pretend to be after it still works against them,
and anyone in favor of decent AW for livestock must necessarily be
opposed to &quot;ar&quot;.

#5: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-11 19:25:03 by dh

On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 21:04:30 GMT, &quot;rick&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:stop&#64;stop.net" target="_blank">stop&#64;stop.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;&quot;Kevan Smith&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com" target="_blank">cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt;news:<a href="mailto:cuthulu-9D6EA1.15402410062006&#64;news.newsguy.com..." target="_blank">cuthulu-9D6EA1.15402410062006&#64;news.newsguy.com...</a>
&gt;&gt; In article &lt;<a href="mailto:20060610084452.7682a18e.support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">20060610084452.7682a18e.support&#64;our.troops</a>&gt;,
&gt;&gt; chico chupacabra &lt;<a href="mailto:support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">support&#64;our.troops</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; Anyway, there is plenty of video footage of factory farms
&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; and
&gt;&gt;&gt; &gt; slaughterhouses available on the internet.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Yes, from extremists with a no-meat agenda.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; If the conditions inside the farms are so good, it seems to me
&gt;&gt; the
&gt;&gt; companies would want to present their own video to counter what
&gt;&gt; you call
&gt;&gt; video from &quot;extremists with a no-meat agenda.&quot; Where is their
&gt;&gt; video?
&gt;&gt; ===============================
&gt;LOL You don't need one when real people are buying your product,
&gt;fool. Stooping to the level of idiot AR extremists doesn't do
&gt;anything for real people.

That's a good point. It takes a special kind of fool to swallow
all that &quot;ar&quot; garbage, and no doubt &quot;aras&quot; must prepare their
bait with more care than people selling respectable products
to less maniacal customers. How do the &quot;aras&quot; fool themselves
into believing all the crap? They can't even explain which rights
for which animals--while they happily contribute to most of the
same animal deaths that most other people do--and all the while
continue fooling themselves into believing they support some
sort of animal right(s)... How do they fool themselves? One of
the fools even claimed to respect the right to life of potential
animals that he wants to prevent from ever living! WTF???

#6: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-11 19:45:43 by pipes

Fuckwit David Harrison, ignorant lying pig-sodomizing
goober cracker, lied:

&gt; On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 13:44:36 GMT, chico chupacabra &lt;<a href="mailto:support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">support&#64;our.troops</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;&gt;Kevan Smith &lt;<a href="mailto:cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com" target="_blank">cuthulu&#64;mouse-potato.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;I think both of you are missing the truth from opposite ends. People don't
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;deserve moral brownie points for raising livestock, that's absurd, but
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;calling their lives a living hell is just hyperbole designed to inflame.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Animals in such a state would not thrive and unhealthy animals is not good
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;business. Also, saying categorically that slaughter is inhumane is just
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;untrue. Check out this site
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<a href="http://www.grandin.com/survey/2005.restaurant.audits.html" target="_blank">http://www.grandin.com/survey/2005.restaurant.audits.html</a> These audits
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;reveal when there are problems. These issues have been decreasing steadily
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;over the years, and when sound practises are employed, few problems are
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;reported.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;I am specifically singling out large factory farms. Life for animals on
&gt;&gt;&gt;those farms is indeed a living hell. They definitely do not thrive, and
&gt;&gt;&gt;they are often unhealthy.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Utter bullshit. In the aggregate, large-scale producers spend more per unit on preventive care to ensure healthier herds, flocks, etc., because their tighter margins are affected by the price they get for quality. While you may be able to find occasional instances of shoddy producers, they're exceptions to the rule. You're far more likely to find unhealthy animals on smaller farms, where there's less financial risk from one animal making the rest unwell because (a) there are fewer animals and (b) the profit margin per animal is (usually) greater.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;Sick and diseased animals do make it into the
&gt;&gt;&gt;human food chain that way.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Bullshit, and you should use the phrase &quot;human food supply&quot; instead of referring to the food chain in this context.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;Mass mechanized slaughter as practiced in today's slaughterhouses is
&gt;&gt;&gt;inhumane to many of the animals rendered, as even your link shows.
&gt;&gt;&gt;Further, the study you cite doesn't mention methodology. How was the
&gt;&gt;&gt;data collected? Was a non-biased observer collecting the data, or did it
&gt;&gt;&gt;come from factory-supplied paperwork?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;It's not inhumane. The links you were provided showed isolated instances, while the general rule is that animals are well-treated.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;Anyway, there is plenty of video footage of factory farms and
&gt;&gt;&gt;slaughterhouses available on the internet.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Yes, from extremists with a no-meat agenda.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;Since seeing is believing,
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Gullible twat. Those are isolated instances, and many of those videos were used to prosecute bad operators.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; It's another of those amusing though sad and contemptible things,
&gt; that &quot;aras&quot; can't really afford to boast about that end of it...because
&gt; decent AW works AGAINST the gross misnomer &quot;ar&quot;.

No, Fuckwit. It has nothing to do with it.

&gt; Even when
&gt; they get the results they pretend to be after it still works against them,
&gt; and anyone in favor of decent AW for livestock must necessarily be
&gt; opposed to &quot;ar&quot;.

No, Fuckwit, you ignorant twat. You'll get no
agreement from Mr. Chupacabra on that point.

NO ONE who is in favor of &quot;decent AW&quot; (one of your more
vomit-worthy spews) must be opposed to &quot;ar&quot; at all,
Fuckwit. One favors humane treatment for animals *IF*
the animals exist. One does not favor the existence of
the animals in order to &quot;get the privilege&quot; of
practicing &quot;decent AW&quot;.

You have been shown to be illogical and wrong, Fuckwit.
Stop.