magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes

#1: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-11 15:36:36 by usual suspect

chico chupacabra wrote:

&gt; &quot;pearl&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:dope&#64;smoker.ie" target="_blank">dope&#64;smoker.ie</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; 'On another front, In These Times
&gt;
&gt; Which is quite the science journal... NOT!!

From their &quot;about us&quot; page:

In These Times is dedicated to informing and analyzing popular movements for social, environmental and economic justice; to providing a forum for discussing the politics that shape our lives; and to producing a magazine that is read by the broadest and most diverse audience possible.

IOW, they're far-out leftists with all their nasty little axes to grind and not unbiased researchers.

#2: Re: I'm considering being a vegetarian...

Posted on 2006-06-12 13:06:34 by pearl

&quot;chico chupacabra&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:support&#64;our.troops" target="_blank">support&#64;our.troops</a>? bwahahahahah!! &gt;wrote in message news:<a href="mailto:20060611083646.726a9adc.support&#64;our.troops..." target="_blank">20060611083646.726a9adc.support&#64;our.troops...</a>
&gt; chico chupacabra wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &quot;pearl&quot; wrote:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; 'On another front, In These Times
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Which is quite the science journal... NOT!!
&gt;
&gt; From their &quot;about us&quot; page:
&gt;
&gt; In These Times is dedicated to informing and analyzing popular movements for social, environmental and economic justice; to
providing a forum for discussing the politics that shape our lives; and to producing a magazine that is read by the broadest and
most diverse audience possible.
&gt;
&gt; IOW, they're far-out leftists with all their nasty little axes to grind and not unbiased researchers.

Only to a far-out neo-con with all your nasty little axes to grind.

Just for you:

May 20 2003
'...

J.S.: I understand you are a Colonel in the U.S. military, is that
right?

U.S.C.: You are correct; I work for the U.S. Special
Operations Command attached to Central Command. My job
is to plot coordinates for targets and decide what is the best
way to destroy the target.

I have a large network of analysts at my disposal to analyze
each target and figure out what weapons would best destroy it.

J.S.: Do you know how much D.U. was just used in Iraq, and
what types of munitions were used?

U.S.C.: Yes I am aware of at least 500 tons of D.U. munitions
that were used by combined coalition forces. I also know that
many cities were heavily bombarded with D.U. munitions.

J.S.: 500 tons? Are you absolutely sure?

U.S.C.: Oh, most sure on that matter. I know it was a little over
500 tons, but you can round off your figures to the nearest
hundred tons (chuckles).

J.S.: What about the cities? Did you deliberately use D.U. on
them?

U.S.C.: Let's just say that we didn't do anything to avoid
using D.U. in cities or heavily populated areas.

J.S.: Back to the 500 tons of D.U., did the D.O.D. / Pentagon
deliberately target civilian areas? And if they did, why?

U.S.C.: I answered that already, but I will tell you that there
were a lot of Iraqi armored vehicles in and around most major
cities. Our own tanks and vehicles use D.U. penetrator rounds
to destroy those enemy vehicles. We are aware that over 100 tons
of D.U. munitions were used in and around Baghdad, but a lot
more fighting went on around the Northern cities and Basra.
We knocked out over 20,000 different types of vehicles in Iraq,
and even shelled buildings in downtown Baghdad with D.U.

J.S.: The Pentagon knew this was happening? Did they try to stop
it? You know, because of the health risks of D.U. and the fact
that we were supposed to be liberating Iraq?

U.S.C.: They wanted complete destruction of any military vehicle
in Iraq. That was why you saw our vehicles shooting even the
disabled and already shelled vehicles. I have seen pictures of
many vehicles with over 20 holes in them. The objective was to
make sure that there is no way that any fighting force could ever
use those vehicles in any way. We wanted to decimate the Iraqi
army and make sure they were never able to fight again. I think
we achieved that objective quite well, more so than we had
hoped in such a short amount of time.

This took an enormous amount of ammunition, mostly D.U.
tipped 25mm, 30mm, and 125mm penetrator rounds.

J.S.: What about the health risks that are associated with D.U.?
Or do you deny there are any?

U.S.C.: You are determined to get me to make a statement
about the health risks aren't you?

J.S.: If you will, I want to see what the behind the scenes
view of D.U. is in the Pentagon.

U.S.C.: Well..... (long pause, followed by heavy
profanity).. Okay, I'll give you some dirt if that's what you're
looking for. The Pentagon knows there are huge health risks
associated with D.U. They know from years of monitoring
our own test ranges and manufacturing facilities.

There were parts of Iraq designated as high contamination
areas before we ever placed any troops on the ground. The
areas around Basra, Jalibah, Talil, most of the southern desert,
and various other hot spots were all identified as contaminated
before the war. Some of the areas in the southern desert region
along the Kuwaiti border are especially radioactive on scans
and tests.

One of our test ranges in Saudi Arabia shows over 1000 times
the normal background level for radiation. We have test ranges
in the U.S. that are extremely contaminated, hell they have been
since the 80's and nothing is ever said publicly. Don't ask don't
tell is not only applied to gays, it is applied to this matter very
heavily.

I know at one time the theory was developed that any soldier
exposed to D.U. shells should have to wear full MOP gear
(the chemical protective suit). But they realized that just
wouldn't be practical and it was never openly discussed again.

J.S.: So the stories that they know D.U. is harmful are true?

U.S.C.: Yes, there is no doubt that most high level commanders
who were around during the 80's know about it.

J.S.: So how do you feel about the fact that you exposed your
own men to D.U.?

U.S.C.: F.k you!! What do you know about my job? I did
what I had to do to take out the targets I was given. If it was
necessary to use D.U., then I put it in my target analysis reports.
I didn't actually fire the rounds myself; I work in a remote office.

J.S.: So you'll never have to worry about being exposed to D.U.
huh? Very brave.

U.S.C.: (lot's of profanity) this interview is over with (more
profanity, followed by the phone slamming down)

I never did get to finish the third interview, but I think what I
got out of the colonel is very telling.

By his own admission, even knowing the dangers of D.U., it
was used on major Iraqi cities. Our own troops are being
exposed to the areas that have been highly contaminated, with
no warning or attempt to protect them.

There were hundreds of tons of D.U. used in major population
centers, by troops following orders to completely destroy all
Iraqi military vehicles and buildings. This is the first time that
D.U. has been used in heavily populated areas.

A whole country was just contaminated again with no regards
to the future generations that will live there. The Tigris River
irrigates all the crops grown in that area of the world, and most
livestock is raised with water and crops irrigated from that river.

How many more babies will be born with birth defects? How
many more children will get cancer and die before they can
ever live a productive life?

Thousands have been affected by D.U. used in the first Gulf
War. Some figures on the rate of cancer in Iraq showed a
300-500% increase in cancer and related illnesses since then.
Now the major population areas have been highly contaminated,
with no regard to any Iraqi's future health.

We will have to wait and see what the cost of this action will
be. It is sure to be extremely high, and result in a huge amount
of further suffering and death.