difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes, food .tw mail

#1: looking for old book

Posted on 2006-07-13 07:53:47 by Arthur

Hi everybody:

I'm a newbie on this group, and I'm trying to help my mother-in-law,
who has some great jam recipes copied from a book probably from the
early 70s. The problem: she's lost touch with the person from whom she
had borrowed this book! I've scoured the archives using the little
information at my disposal and couldn't come up with anything. Here is
all I've got to go on: the following recipes: Ambrosial jam"; "Ruby
jam"; "french apricot jam." I know this is a long shot: anybody have
any idea what the title of this book might be, or where I might find a
bibliography of such books I could show her so she could recognize the
title?

TIA for any help

Art

#2: Re: looking for old book

Posted on 2006-07-13 18:37:28 by Ev Dugan

the following recipes: Ambrosial jam"; "Ruby
>jam"; "french apricot jam." I know this is a long shot: anybody have
>any idea what the title of this book might be, or where I might find a
>bibliography of such books I could show her so she could recognize the
>title?

Try <a href="http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/739325" target="_blank">http://www.tradebit.com/filedetail.php/739325</a> which offers a book
called &quot;120 Lip-Smacking Good Jam Recipes&quot;

#3: Re: looking for old book

Posted on 2006-07-13 18:40:19 by HelixStalwart

On 12 Jul 2006 22:53:47 -0700, &quot;arthur&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:strum&#64;stanford.edu" target="_blank">strum&#64;stanford.edu</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;all I've got to go on: the following recipes: Ambrosial jam&quot;; &quot;Ruby
&gt;jam&quot;; &quot;french apricot jam.&quot;

I had a quick Google of Ambrosial Jam and came across several recipes
for it, but aslo this... someone is selling on eBay a PDF of a book
with ambrosial jam in it (but not the other two). have a look at this
(there's a pic)

#4: Re: looking for old book

Posted on 2006-07-16 20:19:42 by Arthur

Thanks for the help, everybody. Following up the Ambrosial jam lead and
some old posts in this group, I guessed that the book might be the
_Farm Journal's Freezing and Canning Cookbook_ -- which it turns out it
is. Thanks again,

Art