Bookmarks

Yahoo Gmail Google Facebook Delicious Twitter Reddit Stumpleupon Myspace Digg

Search queries

magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes

Links

XODOX
Impressum

#1: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-14 21:37:28 by Anny Middon

I'm not big on pickles, but in a moment of madness I included them in my
entry form for the county fair.

I used the Grandm's Dill Pickles recipe from the Ball Complete Book.
Basically, the recipe has the whole pickling cucumbers being brined
overnight, then put in hot jars, covered with hot vinegar mix, and BWB'd for
10 minutes.

Judging at the fair is 2 weeks to the day from the day I canned them
(yesterday). Will they be done by then, or should I make a recipe that
cooks the veggies in the vinegar? If the latter, any recommendations?

They can be any kind of pickle. Last year, struck with a similar madness, I
made pickled carrot and zucchini strips. They looked beautiful in the jars
and tasted great, but the blue ribbon went to cucumber pickles so I thought
I'd do those this year.

Anny

Report this message

#2: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-15 03:38:28 by barbs.challer

In article &lt;YnStg.48703$<a href="mailto:VE1.17110&#64;newssvr14.news.prodigy.com" target="_blank">VE1.17110&#64;newssvr14.news.prodigy.com</a>&gt;,
&quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; I'm not big on pickles, but in a moment of madness I included them in my
&gt; entry form for the county fair.
&gt;
&gt; I used the Grandm's Dill Pickles recipe from the Ball Complete Book.
&gt; Basically, the recipe has the whole pickling cucumbers being brined
&gt; overnight, then put in hot jars, covered with hot vinegar mix, and BWB'd for
&gt; 10 minutes.
&gt;
&gt; Judging at the fair is 2 weeks to the day from the day I canned them
&gt; (yesterday). Will they be done by then, or should I make a recipe that
&gt; cooks the veggies in the vinegar? If the latter, any recommendations?
&gt;
&gt; They can be any kind of pickle. Last year, struck with a similar madness, I
&gt; made pickled carrot and zucchini strips. They looked beautiful in the jars
&gt; and tasted great, but the blue ribbon went to cucumber pickles so I thought
&gt; I'd do those this year.
&gt;
&gt; Anny

I think two weeks is shy, Anny, for a fresh pack pickle. As a kid, we
didn't crack the first jar until about Thanksgiving; my food scientist
friend at Gedney Company (gedneypickle.com) says they only need a week
or two ‹ I don't believe her.

Do you have anything against Bread and Butter Pickles? I've had more
than one blue ribbon at our State Fair for mine. I've posted the recipe
a number of times. They don't require curing.

{ Exported from MasterCook Mac }

Bread &amp; Butter Pickles

Recipe By: Barb Schaller, posted to rec.food.preserving 7-14-2006
Serving Size: 1
Preparation Time: 0:00
Categories: Canning, Preserves, Etc.

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
4 quarts sliced medium cukes (about 25)
3 cups sliced onions (about 4 medium)
2 green peppers chopped (or 1 red
and 1 green)
3 cloves garlic sliced
1/3 cup canning salt
5 cups sugar
3 cups cider vinegar
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
1 1/2 teaspoons celery seed
2 tablespoons mustard seed

Combine cukes, onions, cauliflower, pepper, and garlic. Add salt; cover
with cracked ice; mix thoroughly. Let stand three hours, drain well.
Combine second column ingredients, pour over cuke mixture. Heat just to
a boil. Seal in hot, sterilized jars. Yield: 7-8 pints.

Source: Recipe is originally from an old Better Homes &amp; Gardens
cookbook in 1983. My sister Anne adds 1 cup of cauliflowerettes to the
vegetable program. I bring the brine mixture to a boil, then add the
cukes to it -- maybe that cooks them a little less? I also process the
jars in a boiling water bath for 10-15 minutes or so to insure a seal;
does not affect the crispness of the product.
‹‹‹‹‹
Notes: Blue Ribbon Winner at the Minnesota State Fair in 1983, 1984,
2001, 2003, 2004, 2005. (Because of those last three in a row, I can't
enter them for two years.)
Best of the Pickles in 2001 -- Gedney prize.
--
-Barb
&lt;<a href="http://jamlady.eboard.com" target="_blank">http://jamlady.eboard.com</a>&gt; Updated 7-10-06, Rob's Birthday Lunch
&quot;If it's not worth doing to excess, it's not worth doing at all.&quot;

Report this message

#3: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-15 19:13:45 by Anny Middon

&quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>

&gt;
&gt; I think two weeks is shy, Anny, for a fresh pack pickle. As a kid, we
&gt; didn't crack the first jar until about Thanksgiving; my food scientist
&gt; friend at Gedney Company (gedneypickle.com) says they only need a week
&gt; or two &lt; I don't believe her.

I'll have to look at the book again. I noticed that some of the recipes
stated to wait a few weeks, but this one didn't. Maybe it was a generic
statement at the beginning of the section.

I'll crack open a jar in a few days and give them a try.

&gt; Do you have anything against Bread and Butter Pickles? I've had more
&gt; than one blue ribbon at our State Fair for mine. I've posted the recipe
&gt; a number of times. They don't require curing.

&lt;recipe snipped&gt;

They do sound delicious. I may try making them even if the Grandma's Dill
Pickles are already good.

What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling ones?

Anny

Report this message

#4: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-16 00:12:51 by barbs.challer

In article &lt;dn9ug.172430$<a href="mailto:F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,
&quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling ones?
&gt;
&gt; Anny

About an inch in diameter - no more than 1-1/2&quot; , 4-6&quot; long. Dump them
in the washer with a couple terry cloth towels and run them through the
rinse cycle. Ready to trim and slice.
You're welcome. &quot;-)
--
-Barb
&lt;<a href="http://jamlady.eboard.com" target="_blank">http://jamlady.eboard.com</a>&gt; Updated 7-10-06, Rob's Birthday Lunch

Report this message

#5: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-16 19:42:05 by Anny Middon

&quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; In article &lt;dn9ug.172430$<a href="mailto:F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,
&gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling ones?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Anny
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; About an inch in diameter - no more than 1-1/2&quot; , 4-6&quot; long. Dump them
&gt; in the washer with a couple terry cloth towels and run them through the
&gt; rinse cycle. Ready to trim and slice.
&gt; You're welcome. &quot;-)

Many, many thanks, Barb. I'll get some more cukes at the farmers market on
Wednesday.

I love the cucumber cleaning tip. Not only is it a nifty way to clean the
little buggers, but it brought back a memory of one of my aunts, who used
the rinse and spin cycles on her washer to clean dandelion greens. We kids
thought she was demented, but now that I'm middle-aged and have some greens
cleaning experience I have great respect for her resourcefulness.

Anny

Report this message

#6: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-16 22:00:24 by Opinicus

&quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote

&gt; it brought back a memory of one of my aunts, who used the rinse and spin
&gt; cycles on her washer to clean dandelion greens. We kids thought she was
&gt; demented, but now that I'm middle-aged and have some greens cleaning
&gt; experience I have great respect for her resourcefulness.

Whoever invented the salad spinner probably had an aunt like that... ;-)

--
Bob
<a href="http://www.kanyak.com" target="_blank">http://www.kanyak.com</a>

Report this message

#7: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-17 00:10:10 by Kathi Jones

&quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:NTuug.173171$<a href="mailto:F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net..." target="_blank">F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...</a>
&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; In article &lt;dn9ug.172430$<a href="mailto:F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,
&gt; &gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; &gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling ones?
&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; Anny
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; About an inch in diameter - no more than 1-1/2&quot; , 4-6&quot; long. Dump them
&gt; &gt; in the washer with a couple terry cloth towels and run them through the
&gt; &gt; rinse cycle. Ready to trim and slice.
&gt; &gt; You're welcome. &quot;-)
&gt;
&gt; Many, many thanks, Barb. I'll get some more cukes at the farmers market
on
&gt; Wednesday.
&gt;
&gt; I love the cucumber cleaning tip. Not only is it a nifty way to clean the
&gt; little buggers, but it brought back a memory of one of my aunts, who used
&gt; the rinse and spin cycles on her washer to clean dandelion greens. We
kids
&gt; thought she was demented, but now that I'm middle-aged and have some
greens
&gt; cleaning experience I have great respect for her resourcefulness.
&gt;
&gt; Anny
&gt;
&gt;

I told my hubby that Barb said to clean the cukes on the rinse cycle (I
thought it was really neat - and I LIVE by 'WHAT BARB SAID' !!!)...he said
&quot; is that the spin cycle too?&quot; And I wondered...wouldn't that bruise them ?

Kathi

Report this message

#8: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-17 02:28:49 by barbs.challer

In article &lt;NTuug.173171$<a href="mailto:F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,

&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; In article &lt;dn9ug.172430$<a href="mailto:F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,
&gt; &gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; &gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling ones?
&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; Anny
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; About an inch in diameter - no more than 1-1/2&quot; , 4-6&quot; long. Dump them
&gt; &gt; in the washer with a couple terry cloth towels and run them through the
&gt; &gt; rinse cycle. Ready to trim and slice.
&gt; &gt; You're welcome. &quot;-)
&gt;
&gt; Many, many thanks, Barb. I'll get some more cukes at the farmers market on
&gt; Wednesday.
&gt;
&gt; I love the cucumber cleaning tip. Not only is it a nifty way to clean the
&gt; little buggers, but it brought back a memory of one of my aunts, who used
&gt; the rinse and spin cycles on her washer to clean dandelion greens. We kids
&gt; thought she was demented, but now that I'm middle-aged and have some greens
&gt; cleaning experience I have great respect for her resourcefulness.
&gt;
&gt; Anny

And my kids say, &quot;How come you didn't do THAT when WE were kids, MOM?
HUH? They were my Reluctant Pickle Scrubbers.

--
-Barb

Report this message

#9: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-17 02:31:06 by barbs.challer

In article &lt;<a href="mailto:NpGdnW_Pyb1vJSfZnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d&#64;storm.ca" target="_blank">NpGdnW_Pyb1vJSfZnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d&#64;storm.ca</a>&gt;,
&quot;Kathi Jones&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:katjon&#64;storm.ca" target="_blank">katjon&#64;storm.ca</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:NTuug.173171$<a href="mailto:F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net..." target="_blank">F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...</a>
&gt; &gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; &gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; &gt; In article &lt;dn9ug.172430$<a href="mailto:F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,
&gt; &gt; &gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; message
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling ones?
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Anny
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; About an inch in diameter - no more than 1-1/2&quot; , 4-6&quot; long. Dump them
&gt; &gt; &gt; in the washer with a couple terry cloth towels and run them through the
&gt; &gt; &gt; rinse cycle. Ready to trim and slice.
&gt; &gt; &gt; You're welcome. &quot;-)
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Many, many thanks, Barb. I'll get some more cukes at the farmers market
&gt; on
&gt; &gt; Wednesday.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I love the cucumber cleaning tip. Not only is it a nifty way to
&gt; &gt; clean the little buggers, but it brought back a memory of one of my
&gt; &gt; aunts, who used the rinse and spin cycles on her washer to clean
&gt; &gt; dandelion greens. We kids
&gt; &gt; thought she was demented, but now that I'm middle-aged and have
&gt; &gt; some greens cleaning experience I have great respect for her resourcefulness.
&gt; &gt;

&gt; &gt; Anny

&gt; I told my hubby that Barb said to clean the cukes on the rinse cycle (I
&gt; thought it was really neat - and I LIVE by 'WHAT BARB SAID' !!!)...he said
&gt; &quot; is that the spin cycle too?&quot; And I wondered...wouldn't that bruise them ?
&gt;
&gt; Kathi

Sure, it's the spin cycle and no, it doesn't bruise them, IME. I've
used both the regular and the gentle agitations and spins. No
difference except that the former leaves the towels drier. :-)
--
-Barb

Report this message

#10: Re: Pickles question

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:40:10 by Kathi Jones

news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-FA52D5.19310616072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-FA52D5.19310616072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; In article &lt;<a href="mailto:NpGdnW_Pyb1vJSfZnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d&#64;storm.ca" target="_blank">NpGdnW_Pyb1vJSfZnZ2dnUVZ_qydnZ2d&#64;storm.ca</a>&gt;,
&gt; &quot;Kathi Jones&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:katjon&#64;storm.ca" target="_blank">katjon&#64;storm.ca</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; &gt; news:NTuug.173171$<a href="mailto:F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net..." target="_blank">F_3.37709&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net...</a>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; &gt; &gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-0B6BB6.17125115072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; In article &lt;dn9ug.172430$<a href="mailto:F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net" target="_blank">F_3.159944&#64;newssvr29.news.prodigy.net</a>&gt;,
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; &quot;Anny Middon&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com" target="_blank">AnnyMiddon&#64;hotNOSPAMmail.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; &quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid" target="_blank">barbs.challer&#64;earthfink.net.invalid</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; &gt; message
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com..." target="_blank">barbs.challer-507EBA.20382814072006&#64;news.iphouse.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; What kind of cucumbers do you use? I assume the little pickling
ones?
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;&gt; Anny
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; About an inch in diameter - no more than 1-1/2&quot; , 4-6&quot; long. Dump
them
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; in the washer with a couple terry cloth towels and run them through
the
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; rinse cycle. Ready to trim and slice.
&gt; &gt; &gt; &gt; You're welcome. &quot;-)
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Many, many thanks, Barb. I'll get some more cukes at the farmers
market
&gt; &gt; on
&gt; &gt; &gt; Wednesday.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; I love the cucumber cleaning tip. Not only is it a nifty way to
&gt; &gt; &gt; clean the little buggers, but it brought back a memory of one of my
&gt; &gt; &gt; aunts, who used the rinse and spin cycles on her washer to clean
&gt; &gt; &gt; dandelion greens. We kids
&gt; &gt; &gt; thought she was demented, but now that I'm middle-aged and have
&gt; &gt; &gt; some greens cleaning experience I have great respect for her
resourcefulness.
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; Anny
&gt;
&gt; &gt; I told my hubby that Barb said to clean the cukes on the rinse cycle (I
&gt; &gt; thought it was really neat - and I LIVE by 'WHAT BARB SAID' !!!)...he
said
&gt; &gt; &quot; is that the spin cycle too?&quot; And I wondered...wouldn't that bruise
them ?
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Kathi
&gt;
&gt; Sure, it's the spin cycle and no, it doesn't bruise them, IME. I've
&gt; used both the regular and the gentle agitations and spins. No
&gt; difference except that the former leaves the towels drier. :-)
&gt; --

Thank you Barb - I'll tell my hubby you said so! Now if only I could get
some small cukes......

;-P

Kathi

&gt; -Barb
&gt; &lt;<a href="http://jamlady.eboard.com" target="_blank">http://jamlady.eboard.com</a>&gt; Updated 7-10-06, Rob's Birthday Lunch
&gt; &quot;If it's not worth doing to excess, it's not worth doing at all.&quot;

Report this message