magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes

#1: Putting it by on a Sunday

Posted on 2006-07-16 23:40:54 by George Shirley

Started off the day by vac bagging 6 pints of chopped sweet peppers, 1
pint of okra, and 2 quarts of blueberries. All frozen overnight in the
big freezer. Topped it off by canning 6 pints of purple hull peas that
DW bought at the farmers market yesterday. Yesterday DW put up 6 pints
of raspberry fig jam, made with raspberry Jello of course, ala the
sixties craze for strawberry fig jam. Did I mention I despise
strawberries, insipid tasting things.

People, I have one case of 8 ounce jelly jars left, plus a half case of
4 ounce jars. Otherwise I have 2 empty quart jars lying around. Can you
see that we are prepared for another big hurricane. If we run this year
all this stuff is going with us as is the contents of the freezer which
is full of frozen peppers, greens, several pans of moussaka(eggplant
casserole) and assorted other garden truck. I ain't leaving nothing
behind this next time. Of course we fervently hope and pray there won't
be another hurricane in our lifetimes. Oh yeah, I ain't buying no more
jars unless I run up on a deal on ripe fruit. <BSEG>

I wish all are well on this sweltering day in SW LA.

George

#2: Re: Putting it by on a Sunday

Posted on 2006-07-17 00:55:09 by ellen wickberg

George Shirley wrote:
> Started off the day by vac bagging 6 pints of chopped sweet peppers, 1
> pint of okra, and 2 quarts of blueberries. All frozen overnight in the
> big freezer. Topped it off by canning 6 pints of purple hull peas that
> DW bought at the farmers market yesterday. Yesterday DW put up 6 pints
> of raspberry fig jam, made with raspberry Jello of course, ala the
> sixties craze for strawberry fig jam. Did I mention I despise
> strawberries, insipid tasting things.
>
> People, I have one case of 8 ounce jelly jars left, plus a half case of
> 4 ounce jars. Otherwise I have 2 empty quart jars lying around. Can you
> see that we are prepared for another big hurricane. If we run this year
> all this stuff is going with us as is the contents of the freezer which
> is full of frozen peppers, greens, several pans of moussaka(eggplant
> casserole) and assorted other garden truck. I ain't leaving nothing
> behind this next time. Of course we fervently hope and pray there won't
> be another hurricane in our lifetimes. Oh yeah, I ain't buying no more
> jars unless I run up on a deal on ripe fruit. <BSEG>
>
> I wish all are well on this sweltering day in SW LA.
>
> George

where do you buy raspberry jello? We haven't seen it on the shelf for a
number of years.
Ellen

#3: Re: Putting it by on a Sunday

Posted on 2006-07-17 01:18:57 by George Shirley

ellen wickberg wrote:
> George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Started off the day by vac bagging 6 pints of chopped sweet peppers, 1
>> pint of okra, and 2 quarts of blueberries. All frozen overnight in the
>> big freezer. Topped it off by canning 6 pints of purple hull peas that
>> DW bought at the farmers market yesterday. Yesterday DW put up 6 pints
>> of raspberry fig jam, made with raspberry Jello of course, ala the
>> sixties craze for strawberry fig jam. Did I mention I despise
>> strawberries, insipid tasting things.
>>
>> People, I have one case of 8 ounce jelly jars left, plus a half case
>> of 4 ounce jars. Otherwise I have 2 empty quart jars lying around. Can
>> you see that we are prepared for another big hurricane. If we run this
>> year all this stuff is going with us as is the contents of the freezer
>> which is full of frozen peppers, greens, several pans of
>> moussaka(eggplant casserole) and assorted other garden truck. I ain't
>> leaving nothing behind this next time. Of course we fervently hope and
>> pray there won't be another hurricane in our lifetimes. Oh yeah, I
>> ain't buying no more jars unless I run up on a deal on ripe fruit. <BSEG>
>>
>> I wish all are well on this sweltering day in SW LA.
>>
>> George
>>
> where do you buy raspberry jello? We haven't seen it on the shelf for a
> number of years.
> Ellen

It's Jello brand and I found it at our local Kroger's supermarket. Had
to really hunt for it and there were only the two packages I needed.
Plenty of Kroger brand sugar free raspberry, which I like on occasion,
but the wife wanted the one that takes sugar. I don't eat a lot of
jello, don't eat anything more nervous than you are is my motto. Another
food motto is "don't eat anything green you find in the refrigerator."

George

#4: Re: Putting it by on a Sunday

Posted on 2006-07-17 02:12:28 by Kathi Jones

&quot;George Shirley&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:gshirl&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">gshirl&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:lnyug.4945$<a href="mailto:IB.4213&#64;bignews1.bellsouth.net..." target="_blank">IB.4213&#64;bignews1.bellsouth.net...</a>
&gt; Started off the day by vac bagging 6 pints of chopped sweet peppers, 1
&gt; pint of okra, and 2 quarts of blueberries. All frozen overnight in the
&gt; big freezer. Topped it off by canning 6 pints of purple hull peas that
&gt; DW bought at the farmers market yesterday. Yesterday DW put up 6 pints
&gt; of raspberry fig jam, made with raspberry Jello of course, ala the
&gt; sixties craze for strawberry fig jam. Did I mention I despise
&gt; strawberries, insipid tasting things.
&gt;
&gt; People, I have one case of 8 ounce jelly jars left, plus a half case of
&gt; 4 ounce jars. Otherwise I have 2 empty quart jars lying around. Can you
&gt; see that we are prepared for another big hurricane. If we run this year
&gt; all this stuff is going with us as is the contents of the freezer which
&gt; is full of frozen peppers, greens, several pans of moussaka(eggplant
&gt; casserole) and assorted other garden truck. I ain't leaving nothing
&gt; behind this next time. Of course we fervently hope and pray there won't
&gt; be another hurricane in our lifetimes. Oh yeah, I ain't buying no more
&gt; jars unless I run up on a deal on ripe fruit. &lt;BSEG&gt;
&gt;
&gt; I wish all are well on this sweltering day in SW LA.
&gt;
&gt; George
&gt;

George,

I so hope that you don't have to run this year!!....but if you do....run to
my house!!!

Kathi

#5: Re: Putting it by on a Sunday

Posted on 2006-07-17 02:14:16 by Kathi Jones

&quot;ellen wickberg&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ellengw&#64;shaw.ca" target="_blank">ellengw&#64;shaw.ca</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:htzug.198086$<a href="mailto:IK3.34700&#64;pd7tw1no..." target="_blank">IK3.34700&#64;pd7tw1no...</a>
&gt; George Shirley wrote:
&gt; &gt; Started off the day by vac bagging 6 pints of chopped sweet peppers, 1
&gt; &gt; pint of okra, and 2 quarts of blueberries. All frozen overnight in the
&gt; &gt; big freezer. Topped it off by canning 6 pints of purple hull peas that
&gt; &gt; DW bought at the farmers market yesterday. Yesterday DW put up 6 pints
&gt; &gt; of raspberry fig jam, made with raspberry Jello of course, ala the
&gt; &gt; sixties craze for strawberry fig jam. Did I mention I despise
&gt; &gt; strawberries, insipid tasting things.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; People, I have one case of 8 ounce jelly jars left, plus a half case of
&gt; &gt; 4 ounce jars. Otherwise I have 2 empty quart jars lying around. Can you
&gt; &gt; see that we are prepared for another big hurricane. If we run this year
&gt; &gt; all this stuff is going with us as is the contents of the freezer which
&gt; &gt; is full of frozen peppers, greens, several pans of moussaka(eggplant
&gt; &gt; casserole) and assorted other garden truck. I ain't leaving nothing
&gt; &gt; behind this next time. Of course we fervently hope and pray there won't
&gt; &gt; be another hurricane in our lifetimes. Oh yeah, I ain't buying no more
&gt; &gt; jars unless I run up on a deal on ripe fruit. &lt;BSEG&gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I wish all are well on this sweltering day in SW LA.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; George
&gt; &gt;
&gt; where do you buy raspberry jello? We haven't seen it on the shelf for a
&gt; number of years.
&gt; Ellen

I have raspberry jello in the cupboard right now...it's blue......

Kathi