difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes, food .tw mail

#1: Green apples

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:33:03 by pheasant

Want to cull a tree that won't be able to support all the fruit it holds.
Other than the compost heap, any use for green apples about the size of a
racquetball?

Thanks

#2: Re: Green apples

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:45:25 by Kathi Jones

&quot;pheasant&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:kiavan02&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">kiavan02&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:7sqdnaaUVqOvdSfZnZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d&#64;midco.net..." target="_blank">7sqdnaaUVqOvdSfZnZ2dnUVZ_sGdnZ2d&#64;midco.net...</a>
&gt;
&gt; Want to cull a tree that won't be able to support all the fruit it holds.
&gt; Other than the compost heap, any use for green apples about the size of a
&gt; racquetball?
&gt;
&gt; Thanks
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;

I wouldn't know how, but maybe make your own pectin?

Cook 'em down in a pot and make sauce? strain and make jelly? I have 2
apple trees that I don't really take care of for the fruit but love the
flowers in the spring. I once picked a bucket full, screened for worms,
cooked them down to a mushy pulp, strained thru a jelly bag and made great
apple jelly. You'll have more compost than juice but then you'd prolly
compost it all anyway, right?

Kathi

#3: Re: Green apples

Posted on 2006-07-17 04:15:21 by Puester

pheasant wrote:
&gt; Want to cull a tree that won't be able to support all the fruit it holds.
&gt; Other than the compost heap, any use for green apples about the size of a
&gt; racquetball?
&gt;
&gt; Thanks
&gt;
&gt;

Someone smarter than I here (that's not hard) might be able to tell you
how to extract pectin from the apples if you'd like to make fruit jams
with it.

gloria p