magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum, kimberly @comcast.net @bellsouth.net @hotmail.com mail, magret par personnes

#1: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 20:45:31 by ravinwulf

I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
addition to the asparagus...

Regards,
Tracy R.

#2: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 20:52:46 by Wayne Boatwright

On Tue 08 Feb 2005 12:45:31p, ravinwulf wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
> port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
> covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
> need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
> addition to the asparagus...
>
> Regards,
> Tracy R.

Sounds like a great Valentine's Day (I was going to abbreviate it to VD, but
thought better of it) meal! We're going out for dinner as we both work all
day, and it would be a treat for both of us not to cook. A place where I
know they serve a great Steak Diane.

Wayne

#3: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 21:18:38 by Dimitri

&quot;ravinwulf&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com..." target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com...</a>
&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt; Regards,
&gt; Tracy R.

Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking contest.

The purpose and focus is towards your SO. How can you spend the most time
with him/her and make them feel &quot;special&quot;

Dimitri

#4: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 21:33:31 by ravinwulf

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:18:38 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt;
wrote:

&lt;snip&gt;
&gt;Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking contest.
&gt;
&gt;The purpose and focus is towards your SO. How can you spend the most time
&gt;with him/her and make them feel &quot;special&quot;

Wow. Feeling a bit snarky today, are we?

FWIW, I think that planning and preparing a really nice meal for
someone you love =is= a way to make him/her feel &quot;special&quot;. It's
certainly not the only activity on the agenda for the evening, but it
happens to be the one I'm working on atm, as well as being the only
one that's really appropriate to discuss on this forum. &lt;g&gt;

Regards,
Tracy R.

#5: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 21:58:44 by Saerah

ravinwulf wrote in message &lt;<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com</a>&gt;...
&gt;I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt;port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt;covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt;need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt;addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt;Regards,
&gt;Tracy R.

i have to work next monday, so i'm limited to what i can prepare ahead of
time, and cook fairly quickly.
thus:
pan-broiled ribeye steaks with crushed balinese peppercorns and chipotle
butter
roasted wedges of red potatoes with olive oil, lime juice and fresh oregano
sauteed escarole with garlic
cherry pie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate shavings

--
saerah

TANSTAAFL

CrzyBitch (3:25:06 AM): I'm a secret agent, and a princess

#6: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 22:31:44 by Vox Humana

&quot;Saerah&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:anisaerah&#64;worldlinkisp.com" target="_blank">anisaerah&#64;worldlinkisp.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:420928ad_1&#64;127.0.0.1..." target="_blank">420928ad_1&#64;127.0.0.1...</a>
&gt;
&gt; ravinwulf wrote in message &lt;<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com</a>&gt;...
&gt; &gt;I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; &gt;port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; &gt;covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; &gt;need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; &gt;addition to the asparagus...
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;Regards,
&gt; &gt;Tracy R.
&gt;
&gt; i have to work next monday, so i'm limited to what i can prepare ahead of
&gt; time, and cook fairly quickly.
&gt; thus:
&gt; pan-broiled ribeye steaks with crushed balinese peppercorns and chipotle
&gt; butter
&gt; roasted wedges of red potatoes with olive oil, lime juice and fresh
oregano
&gt; sauteed escarole with garlic
&gt; cherry pie with vanilla ice cream and chocolate shavings
&gt;

I hope someone makes reservations so I don't have to cook.

#7: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 22:48:08 by barbschaller

Nothing. I'll probably be having dinner out alone or with a couple
women -- we've got lecture series tickets and usually eat downtown
before attending the lecture.
--
-Barb
&lt;www.jamlady.eboard.com&gt;; Sam pics added 2-7-05

#8: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 23:28:55 by julian9ehp

As I'm working, and come home tired, I thought I would make something that
could cook on its own: perhaps crockpot chicken, with vegies and microwaved
potatoes. (Thanks for the tip about wrapping 'em in wet cloths!)

E. P.

#9: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-08 23:30:55 by Dimitri

&quot;ravinwulf&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:n78i015mr95hr9qn7i3m8aituiukj9vru4&#64;4ax.com..." target="_blank">n78i015mr95hr9qn7i3m8aituiukj9vru4&#64;4ax.com...</a>
&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:18:38 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt;
&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &lt;snip&gt;
&gt;&gt;Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking contest.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;The purpose and focus is towards your SO. How can you spend the most time
&gt;&gt;with him/her and make them feel &quot;special&quot;
&gt;
&gt; Wow. Feeling a bit snarky today, are we?
&gt;
&gt; FWIW, I think that planning and preparing a really nice meal for
&gt; someone you love =is= a way to make him/her feel &quot;special&quot;. It's
&gt; certainly not the only activity on the agenda for the evening, but it
&gt; happens to be the one I'm working on atm, as well as being the only
&gt; one that's really appropriate to discuss on this forum. &lt;g&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Regards,
&gt; Tracy R.

Not at all snarky as you put it. More often than not I see posts about
dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is doing
during all the prep and serving.

Dimitri

1 entry found for snarky.
snark·y ( P ) Pronunciation Key (snärk)
adj. Slang snark·i·er, snark·i·est
Irritable or short-tempered; irascible.

[From dialectal snark, to nag, from snark, snork, to snore, snort, from
Dutch and Low German snorken, of imitative origin.]
snarki·ly adv.

#10: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 00:09:35 by Fifo

Dimitri wrote:
&gt; &gt;&gt;Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking
contest.

Since there is no government approved purpose of Valentine's day most
people prefer to do whatever they feel like with it. Some people like
to cook a 10 course dinner, others prefer to go out and get drunk
together, some dress in leather and chains and yet others apply nail
polish to each others' feet.

The only tragic problem is when one person prepares a massively super
dinner while the other one comes home drunk, all dressed in leather and
chains and very much looking forward to some nice nail polishing.

#12: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 00:16:21 by Dimitri

&quot;Fifo&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:from_philip&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">from_philip&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1107904232.662187.26620&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1107904232.662187.26620&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; Dimitri wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt;Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking
&gt; contest.
&gt;
&gt; Since there is no government approved purpose of Valentine's day most
&gt; people prefer to do whatever they feel like with it. Some people like
&gt; to cook a 10 course dinner, others prefer to go out and get drunk
&gt; together, some dress in leather and chains and yet others apply nail
&gt; polish to each others' feet.
&gt;
&gt; The only tragic problem is when one person prepares a massively super
&gt; dinner while the other one comes home drunk, all dressed in leather and
&gt; chains and very much looking forward to some nice nail polishing.

LOL.

Said the masochist to the sadist &quot;beat me!&quot;
No! answered the sadist....

Dimitri

#13: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 00:37:38 by stenniwaynes

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:45:31 -0600, ravinwulf &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt;
wrote:

&gt;I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt;port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt;covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt;need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt;addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt;Regards,
&gt;Tracy R.

Tuna steak with southwestern style chili lime crust
Asparagus grilled with bacon and butter
Green Salad tossed with fennel vinigrette
Pepper water soup
And a selection of fresh ripe local fruit to finish

Were collecting an odd grouping of folks for this meal, those of us
old married types (young kids/no life/no desire to fight our way
though the masses at local restraunts) and the geographicaly single
(spouses deployed/off to school or Medical treatments etc)...Shud be a
Very nice meal, easy to do, tastey, good company...Were looking
forward to it...Hag k

Pull a Loraine Bobit (cut of Waynes Penis) to reply

#14: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 00:47:45 by Kate B

&quot;ravinwulf&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:n78i015mr95hr9qn7i3m8aituiukj9vru4&#64;4ax.com..." target="_blank">n78i015mr95hr9qn7i3m8aituiukj9vru4&#64;4ax.com...</a>
&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 20:18:38 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt;
&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &lt;snip&gt;
&gt; &gt;Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking contest.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;The purpose and focus is towards your SO. How can you spend the most time
&gt; &gt;with him/her and make them feel &quot;special&quot;
&gt;
&gt; Wow. Feeling a bit snarky today, are we?
&gt;
&gt; FWIW, I think that planning and preparing a really nice meal for
&gt; someone you love =is= a way to make him/her feel &quot;special&quot;. It's
&gt; certainly not the only activity on the agenda for the evening, but it
&gt; happens to be the one I'm working on atm, as well as being the only
&gt; one that's really appropriate to discuss on this forum. &lt;g&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Regards,
&gt; Tracy R.

Gotta agree with Tracy on this one. My SO has been living in a hotel in
D.C. for the past several months (on business). He *really* wants a &quot;extra
special&quot; home cooked meal when he comes home this weekend. I've already
started getting ready for our Valentines day meal. I've got 2 different
stocks cooking as I type this. Chicken stock for a butternut squash and
apple soup and veal stock which will be made into a demi-glace that I need
for a port, shallot and balsamic reduction sauce that I will serve with beef
tenderloin. Starting with crac cakes with red bell pepper coulis followed
by the squash soup. Herbed Potatoes Anna with the grilled beef tenderloin
(I am testing the butter roasted brussel sprout recipe in the latest Fine
Cooking tonight to see if this might also be included). I haven't yet
decided on dessert.

Kate

#15: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 02:00:17 by revjoelle

I usually make my kids heart shaped pizza and even cut the pepperoni into heart
shapes.

But this Valentine's I'm getting taken out for dinner and the kids are on their
own!

Joelle
&quot;The children who need love the most will always ask for it in the most
unloving ways&quot; ~ Words of a teacher quoted by Russell Barkley~

#16: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 02:08:32 by Ranee Mueller

In article &lt;<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com</a>&gt;, ravinwulf
&lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; addition to the asparagus...

Reservations. We're going out. :)

However, I'll be making Valentine's Day sugar cookies with my eldest
son for his class.

Regards,
Ranee

--
Remove Do Not and Spam to email

&quot;She seeks wool and flax, and works with willing hands.&quot; Prov 31:13

See my Blog at: <a href="http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/" target="_blank">http://arabianknits.blogspot.com/</a>

#17: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 11:55:35 by jmcquown

ravinwulf wrote:
&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt; Regards,
&gt; Tracy R.

If it were me I'd go with the steaks with the port sauce. Sounds tasty.
I'm going with grilled petit filets (rare), baked potatoes and steamed
asparagus. We don't do dessert but that's okay :)

Jill

#18: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 14:47:47 by Cindy Hamilton

ravinwulf wrote:
&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; addition to the asparagus...

It's a Monday. Something extremely simple, like &quot;defrost some
spaghetti sauce, boil some pasta, make a salad&quot;.

Nothing special over the weekend. We don't observe Hallmark Holidays.

Cindy Hamilton

#19: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 20:37:57 by jmcquown

Cindy Hamilton wrote:
&gt; ravinwulf wrote:
&gt;&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt;&gt; port reduction sauce
&gt;
&gt; It's a Monday. Something extremely simple, like &quot;defrost some
&gt; spaghetti sauce, boil some pasta, make a salad&quot;.
&gt;
&gt; Nothing special over the weekend. We don't observe Hallmark Holidays.
&gt;
&gt; Cindy Hamilton

LOL we don't spend money on Hallmark cards; we make our own cards or
'coupons' for things like backrubs, foot massages, etc. What's wrong with a
little romance even if it isn't a &quot;real&quot; holiday? Doesn't have to be a
fancy meal. Spaghetti sounds good to me. Maybe you can do that Disney
thing from 'Lady &amp; the Tramp' and slurp a strand of spaghetti between the
two of you LOL

Jill

#20: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-09 23:05:52 by Petey the Wonder Dog

Far as I can tell, asked:
&gt;So what are you making for Valentines Day?

Love, of course...

#21: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 10:57:36 by Damsel

wrote:

&gt;I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt;port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt;covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt;need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt;addition to the asparagus...

Chicken Kiev with Rice Pilaf
Peas of the frozen persuasion
Coconut cake with lemon topping

And for dessert ... Crash!

Carol
--
&quot;Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend pleasant. You may quote me.&quot;

#22: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 10:58:45 by Damsel

On 09 Feb 2005 01:00:17 GMT, <a href="mailto:revjoelle&#64;aol.comgoaway" target="_blank">revjoelle&#64;aol.comgoaway</a> (Joelle) wrote:

&gt;I usually make my kids heart shaped pizza and even cut the pepperoni into heart
&gt;shapes.

You are SUCH a cool mom!

Carol

#23: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 11:05:29 by Damsel

On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:30:55 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;More often than not I see posts about
&gt;dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is doing
&gt;during all the prep and serving.

Okay, I confess. The only thing I'm cooking from scratch is the lemon
topping for the cake. See how much I love Crash? &lt;EG&gt;

Carol

#24: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 13:30:33 by Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:05:29a, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in rec.food.cooking:

&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:30:55 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt;More often than not I see posts about
&gt;&gt;dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is doing
&gt;&gt;during all the prep and serving.
&gt;
&gt; Okay, I confess. The only thing I'm cooking from scratch is the lemon
&gt; topping for the cake. See how much I love Crash? &lt;EG&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Carol

Yeah, I was wondering about that Chicken Kiev! &lt;g&gt;

Wayne

#25: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 15:11:34 by Cindy Hamilton

jmcquown wrote:
&gt; Cindy Hamilton wrote:
&gt; &gt; ravinwulf wrote:
&gt; &gt;&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks
with a
&gt; &gt;&gt; port reduction sauce
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; It's a Monday. Something extremely simple, like &quot;defrost some
&gt; &gt; spaghetti sauce, boil some pasta, make a salad&quot;.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Nothing special over the weekend. We don't observe Hallmark
Holidays.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Cindy Hamilton
&gt;
&gt; LOL we don't spend money on Hallmark cards; we make our own cards or
&gt; 'coupons' for things like backrubs, foot massages, etc. What's wrong
with a
&gt; little romance even if it isn't a &quot;real&quot; holiday? Doesn't have to be
&gt; fancy meal. Spaghetti sounds good to me. Maybe you can do that
Disney
&gt; thing from 'Lady &amp; the Tramp' and slurp a strand of spaghetti between
the
&gt; two of you LOL
&gt;
&gt; Jill

We have romance every day. No need to set aside a special day for it.

He gets a foot massage almost every evening.

He often brings me flowers at work, for no particular reason.

Cindy Hamilton

#26: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 15:38:06 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#27: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 19:43:03 by Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 10 Feb 2005 07:38:06a, Dog3 wrote in rec.food.cooking:

&gt; Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:Xns95F9380AAD57Fwbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18" target="_blank">Xns95F9380AAD57Fwbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18</a>:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:05:29a, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt; rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:30:55 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;More often than not I see posts about
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;doing during all the prep and serving.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Okay, I confess. The only thing I'm cooking from scratch is the
&gt;&gt;&gt; lemon topping for the cake. See how much I love Crash? &lt;EG&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Yeah, I was wondering about that Chicken Kiev! &lt;g&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Wayne
&gt;
&gt; I am not going to cover up ;) I will have to drag food to the hospital
&gt; where SO works, soooooo... I'm buying 2 complete meals from Gourmet to
&gt; Go. Green peppercorn crusted sirloin strip steaks with peppercorn sauce,
&gt; twice baked potatoes and asparagus. I'm going to actually make either a
&gt; Caesar or Spinach salad. Dessert is a white cake with fresh strawberries
&gt; and whipped cream between the layers and whipped cream for icing. Maybe
&gt; we will commission the interns sleeping quarters Valentine's Day ;)
&gt;
&gt; Michael
&gt;

Sounds like a nice surprise!

Wayne

#28: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 21:23:40 by Nexis

&quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:y89Od.27239$<a href="mailto:by5.26468&#64;newssvr19.news.prodigy.com..." target="_blank">by5.26468&#64;newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; &quot;ravinwulf&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com..." target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com...</a>
[...]

All due respect Dimitri, but my husband works hard and is out of town
*alot*. For example, he's been gone and without a home cooked meal for 21 of
the last 24 days. Making a special home cooked meal does more than just make
him feel special...it makes him feel loved and comforted and like he's truly
home.
And making a special dinner doesn't have to mean spending hours in the
kitchen on that day, anyway.

kimberly
&gt;

#29: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 21:33:55 by Lena B Katz

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005, Nexis wrote:

&gt;
&gt; &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:y89Od.27239$<a href="mailto:by5.26468&#64;newssvr19.news.prodigy.com..." target="_blank">by5.26468&#64;newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...</a>
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &quot;ravinwulf&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com..." target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com...</a>
&gt;&gt;&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt;&gt;&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt;&gt;&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt;&gt;&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt;&gt;&gt; addition to the asparagus...
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Regards,
&gt;&gt;&gt; Tracy R.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Very nice however the purpose of Valentines day is not a cooking contest.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; The purpose and focus is towards your SO. How can you spend the most time
&gt;&gt; with him/her and make them feel &quot;special&quot;

.... In Japan it is a cooking contest. More specifically, making homemade
chocolates for people that you care about.

And, In Japan, this is a &quot;girls cook&quot; holiday... boys don't get to give
out chocolates for a few months ('till White Day, where they reciprocate
with white chocolate).

Lena

#30: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 21:34:55 by Nexis

&quot;ravinwulf&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com..." target="_blank">5g5i011v09an39j1nj0i22tile7ibscri2&#64;4ax.com...</a>
&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt; Regards,
&gt; Tracy R.

With some very strong wishes hopes and prayers that my husband makes it home
by Monday, here's what I'm planning to make:
Chicken Spiedini with Asiago
Asparagus with Lemon, Rosemary, and Pignoli
Cous Cous Pilaf
Mixed Greens with Citrus Vinaigrette
And for dessert... (insert drumroll here hehe) flourless chocolate mousse
torte with raspberry coulis

Although, I may go with soufflé instead of the torte. Bittersweet chocolate.
I'd change to espresso-kahlua crème anglais for the sauce in that case.

All of these are easy to make, can be prepped in advance, and cook rather
quickly. My man gets a home cooked meal which will make him happy and I'll
get to spend more time in his arms, which will make us both happy.

kimberly

#31: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 21:46:00 by Damsel

On 10 Feb 2005 12:30:33 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:05:29a, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in rec.food.cooking:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:30:55 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;More often than not I see posts about
&gt;&gt;&gt;dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is doing
&gt;&gt;&gt;during all the prep and serving.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Okay, I confess. The only thing I'm cooking from scratch is the lemon
&gt;&gt; topping for the cake. See how much I love Crash? &lt;EG&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;
&gt;Yeah, I was wondering about that Chicken Kiev! &lt;g&gt;

Yeah, yeah, yeah. But at least it's from the butcher shop, and is made
with an actual hunk of chicken breast meat. Crash has never had that
before. Only the chopped and re-formed meat-like substance that's used in
the frozen ones.

Carol, mooning Wayne

#32: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 22:06:12 by Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 10 Feb 2005 01:46:00p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
rec.food.cooking:

&gt;&gt;&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;More often than not I see posts about
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is doing
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;during all the prep and serving.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Okay, I confess. The only thing I'm cooking from scratch is the lemon
&gt;&gt;&gt; topping for the cake. See how much I love Crash? &lt;EG&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;Yeah, I was wondering about that Chicken Kiev! &lt;g&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Yeah, yeah, yeah. But at least it's from the butcher shop, and is made
&gt; with an actual hunk of chicken breast meat. Crash has never had that
&gt; before. Only the chopped and re-formed meat-like substance that's used
&gt; in the frozen ones.
&gt;
&gt; Carol, mooning Wayne

You do such ugly things! (I love Chicken Kiev!)

Wayne

#33: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 22:12:22 by Dimitri

&quot;Nexis&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:nexis1&#64;cox.net" target="_blank">nexis1&#64;cox.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:gpPOd.34206$<a href="mailto:Yu.5727&#64;fed1read01..." target="_blank">Yu.5727&#64;fed1read01...</a>

&lt;snip&gt;

&gt; All due respect Dimitri, but my husband works hard and is out of town
&gt; *alot*. For example, he's been gone and without a home cooked meal for 21
&gt; of
&gt; the last 24 days. Making a special home cooked meal does more than just
&gt; make
&gt; him feel special...it makes him feel loved and comforted and like he's
&gt; truly
&gt; home.
&gt; And making a special dinner doesn't have to mean spending hours in the
&gt; kitchen on that day, anyway.
&gt;
&gt; kimberly

I understand the feeling quite well. I used to spend 3 weeks a year
(straight through) in NYC on some one else's money and when I was a buyer
there was no place that I had not been taken to. By the time I got home I
would have killed for a piece of Pot Roast and smushed potatoes (roasted
with the meat and mashed with a fork on the plate and drowned with gravy).
I also learned not to tell the wife about the great meals I had while she
had Kraft Mac and cheese with the kids. ;-)

I think the people here are missing part of the point or I did not explain
myself clearly. IMHO Romance involves 1 to 1 contact not standing in the
kitchen watching someone whisk the butter into the Hollandaise. In this life
we have precious little time with each other especially when we are involved
in the BUSINESS (yes, I know I'm yelling) of running a family especially
when the children come along. To me it's more important to look into the
SO's eyes and tell them what they really mean to me, or have them tell me
just what I mean to them.

Dimitri

#34: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 22:52:22 by Nexis

&quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:W6QOd.29149$<a href="mailto:by5.12556&#64;newssvr19.news.prodigy.com..." target="_blank">by5.12556&#64;newssvr19.news.prodigy.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; &quot;Nexis&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:nexis1&#64;cox.net" target="_blank">nexis1&#64;cox.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:gpPOd.34206$<a href="mailto:Yu.5727&#64;fed1read01..." target="_blank">Yu.5727&#64;fed1read01...</a>
&gt;
&gt; &lt;snip&gt;
&gt;
&gt; &gt; All due respect Dimitri, but my husband works hard and is out of town
&gt; &gt; *alot*. For example, he's been gone and without a home cooked meal for
21
&gt; &gt; of
&gt; &gt; the last 24 days. Making a special home cooked meal does more than just
&gt; &gt; make
&gt; &gt; him feel special...it makes him feel loved and comforted and like he's
&gt; &gt; truly
&gt; &gt; home.
&gt; &gt; And making a special dinner doesn't have to mean spending hours in the
&gt; &gt; kitchen on that day, anyway.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; kimberly
&gt;
&gt; I understand the feeling quite well. I used to spend 3 weeks a year
&gt; (straight through) in NYC on some one else's money and when I was a buyer
&gt; there was no place that I had not been taken to. By the time I got home I
&gt; would have killed for a piece of Pot Roast and smushed potatoes (roasted
&gt; with the meat and mashed with a fork on the plate and drowned with gravy).
&gt; I also learned not to tell the wife about the great meals I had while she
&gt; had Kraft Mac and cheese with the kids. ;-)

Now ya went and did it. You mentioned roast, and now I'm craving it. I make
a mean gravy. he he
I had to laugh when I read this part. It's kind of a running joke in our
family. My husband and his brother work together, and therefore travel
together. They love to call and tell my SIL and I what great new place they
discovered. It gets to the point where we're planning trips to go to certain
cities just to go to a round of restaurants! lol I don't mind too much
though. In fact, I'm usually the one who finds new places for them to try.
Living vicariously and all that.

&gt;
&gt; I think the people here are missing part of the point or I did not explain
&gt; myself clearly. IMHO Romance involves 1 to 1 contact not standing in the
&gt; kitchen watching someone whisk the butter into the Hollandaise. In this
life
&gt; we have precious little time with each other especially when we are
involved
&gt; in the BUSINESS (yes, I know I'm yelling) of running a family especially
&gt; when the children come along. To me it's more important to look into the
&gt; SO's eyes and tell them what they really mean to me, or have them tell me
&gt; just what I mean to them.
&gt;
&gt; Dimitri

Thanks for clarifying. I do understand what you're saying. The upside to my
husband's work is that he's also able to be home for long stretches at a
time and during that time we get to spend alot of time together. It's very
nice to be able to stay in bed in the morning after my daughter leaves for
school and spend time with one another. We have plenty of opportunity to say
how we feel and sometimes it's nice to do it in more than words.

kimberly

#35: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:01:11 by Bob

Kimberly wrote:

&gt; Chicken Spiedini with Asiago
&gt; Asparagus with Lemon, Rosemary, and Pignoli
&gt; Cous Cous Pilaf
&gt; Mixed Greens with Citrus Vinaigrette
&gt; And for dessert... (insert drumroll here hehe) flourless chocolate mousse
&gt; torte with raspberry coulis
&gt;
&gt; Although, I may go with soufflé instead of the torte. Bittersweet
&gt; chocolate. I'd change to espresso-kahlua crème anglais for the sauce in
&gt; that case.
&gt;
&gt; All of these are easy to make, can be prepped in advance, and cook rather
&gt; quickly. My man gets a home cooked meal which will make him happy and I'll
&gt; get to spend more time in his arms, which will make us both happy.

I'd advise sticking with the torte. Soufflés are notorious for requiring
last-minute attention, and for failing to come out right for no discernible
reason at all. I hope everything goes as planned!

Bob

#36: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:16:47 by Nexis

&quot;Bob&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:virtualgoth&#64;die_spammer.biz" target="_blank">virtualgoth&#64;die_spammer.biz</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:420bd901$0$64491$<a href="mailto:45beb828&#64;newscene.com..." target="_blank">45beb828&#64;newscene.com...</a>
&gt; Kimberly wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt; Chicken Spiedini with Asiago
&gt; &gt; Asparagus with Lemon, Rosemary, and Pignoli
&gt; &gt; Cous Cous Pilaf
&gt; &gt; Mixed Greens with Citrus Vinaigrette
&gt; &gt; And for dessert... (insert drumroll here hehe) flourless chocolate
mousse
&gt; &gt; torte with raspberry coulis
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Although, I may go with soufflé instead of the torte. Bittersweet
&gt; &gt; chocolate. I'd change to espresso-kahlua crème anglais for the sauce in
&gt; &gt; that case.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; All of these are easy to make, can be prepped in advance, and cook
rather
&gt; &gt; quickly. My man gets a home cooked meal which will make him happy and
I'll
&gt; &gt; get to spend more time in his arms, which will make us both happy.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; I'd advise sticking with the torte. Soufflés are notorious for requiring
&gt; last-minute attention, and for failing to come out right for no
discernible
&gt; reason at all. I hope everything goes as planned!
&gt;
&gt; Bob

Thanks for the advice Bob. The souffle recipe I use is last minute for the
baking part, but the batter can be done in advance, and it's pretty simple.
I know there's always all this talk about how difficult they are, but these
are some of the easiest desserts I've ever made! lol And alot less labor
intensive than the torte. On the other hand, the torte is sooooo decadent.
Oh decisions, decisions!

kimberly
&gt;
&gt;

#37: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:23:17 by Fifo

With all due respect Dimitri but I find your post highly prejudiced and
judgemental (see below)

Dimitri wrote:
&gt; IMHO Romance involves 1 to 1 contact
While would you assume that 1 on None or 1 to many is not a legitimate
romance?

&gt; not standing in the kitchen
Just because I am a guy doesn't mean that I have to spend all my time
in the kitchen - why not stand in the toolshed for example?

&gt; watching someone whisk
Why not use a wooden spoon?
&gt; the butter
What about the cholesterol-patient community?
&gt; into the Hollandaise.
How come some countries get their sauce and others don't in your
message????
&gt; In this life
Not all of us are Buddists
&gt; we
You keep assuming that multiple people are involved in this Romance
&gt; have precious little time with each other
Same prejudice
&gt; especially when we are involved in the BUSINESS (yes, I know I'm
yelling) of &gt; running a family
Why do you assume we are married? Ha???
&gt; especially when the children come along.
So now we have to have children to be a real family????
&gt; To me it's more important to look into the SO's eyes
Completely ignoring the one-eyed community
&gt; and tell them
Completely ignoring the deaf community
&gt; what they really mean to me, or have them tell me
&gt; just what I mean to them.

So much stereotyping - that's why I can;t stand Valentine's day.

#38: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:29:23 by Dimitri

&quot;Nexis&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:nexis1&#64;cox.net" target="_blank">nexis1&#64;cox.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:qIQOd.34222$<a href="mailto:Yu.15266&#64;fed1read01..." target="_blank">Yu.15266&#64;fed1read01...</a>

&lt;Snip&gt;

&gt; Now ya went and did it. You mentioned roast, and now I'm craving it. I
&gt; make
&gt; a mean gravy. he he

I had a very different childhood - I was 12 before I had my first Hostess
Cupcake and about 19 before I had Pot Roast and gravy. Both times I thought
I had Died and gone to heaven. I am for lack of a better term a gravy
aficionado.

&lt;More Snip&gt;

&gt; Thanks for clarifying. I do understand what you're saying. The upside to
&gt; my
&gt; husband's work is that he's also able to be home for long stretches at a
&gt; time and during that time we get to spend alot of time together. It's very
&gt; nice to be able to stay in bed in the morning after my daughter leaves for
&gt; school and spend time with one another. We have plenty of opportunity to
&gt; say
&gt; how we feel and sometimes it's nice to do it in more than words.
&gt;
&gt; kimberly

No comment - but a smile.

Dimitri

#39: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:38:57 by Dimitri

&quot;Fifo&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:from_philip&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">from_philip&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1108074197.620350.160810&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108074197.620350.160810&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt; With all due respect Dimitri but I find your post highly prejudiced and
&gt; judgemental (see below)

&lt;Drivel snipped&gt;

&gt; So much stereotyping - that's why I can;t stand Valentine's day.

Just think you have so much to look forward to; One you'll grow up and
learn to think in the abstract - it usually happens between the mental age
of 11 to 14.

Dimitri

#40: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:46:33 by Damsel

On 10 Feb 2005 21:06:12 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;On Thu 10 Feb 2005 01:46:00p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;rec.food.cooking:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Carol, mooning Wayne
&gt;
&gt;You do such ugly things! (I love Chicken Kiev!)

So now you're saying I don't have a cute ass?

Carol, walking her donkey down a dusty road

#41: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:49:51 by Damsel

On 10 Feb 2005 14:23:17 -0800, &quot;Fifo&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:from_philip&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">from_philip&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;So much stereotyping - that's why I can;t stand Valentine's day.

ROFLMAO! And you try to tell us you're not funny?

Carol

#42: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:54:41 by Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:46:33p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in rec.food.cooking:

&gt; On 10 Feb 2005 21:06:12 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt;On Thu 10 Feb 2005 01:46:00p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt;rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol, mooning Wayne
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;You do such ugly things! (I love Chicken Kiev!)
&gt;
&gt; So now you're saying I don't have a cute ass?
&gt;
&gt; Carol, walking her donkey down a dusty road

Well, if you get down there, Moon Over Miami! Florida will love you! &lt;vbg&gt;

Wayne

#43: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:55:57 by Damsel

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 22:38:57 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;&quot;Fifo&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:from_philip&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">from_philip&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt;news:<a href="mailto:1108074197.620350.160810&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108074197.620350.160810&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;&gt; With all due respect Dimitri but I find your post highly prejudiced and
&gt;&gt; judgemental (see below)
&gt;
&gt;&lt;Drivel snipped&gt;
&gt;
&gt;&gt; So much stereotyping - that's why I can;t stand Valentine's day.
&gt;
&gt;Just think you have so much to look forward to; One you'll grow up and
&gt;learn to think in the abstract - it usually happens between the mental age
&gt;of 11 to 14.

Aw, Dimitri, Fifo's just having fun. He's one of my favorite posters
because he's so funny.

Carol

#44: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-10 23:58:33 by Damsel

On 10 Feb 2005 22:54:41 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt;Well, if you get down there, Moon Over Miami! Florida will love you! &lt;vbg&gt;

&lt;GROAN&gt;

Now, go to your room!

Carol

#45: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 00:03:35 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#46: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 00:04:23 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#47: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 00:04:54 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#48: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 00:05:33 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#49: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 00:06:11 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#50: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 00:50:48 by jmcquown

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 13:45:31 -0600, ravinwulf &lt;<a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt;
&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt;&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt;&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt;&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt;&gt; addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt; Chicken Kiev with Rice Pilaf
&gt; Peas of the frozen persuasion
&gt; Coconut cake with lemon topping
&gt;
&gt; And for dessert ... Crash!
&gt;
&gt; Carol

Make sure you cut the butter and chill (even freeze it) well before you put
it in the flattened chicken breasts with the garlic and parsley. And roll
the flattented breasts up completely before dredging in the egg wash and
crumbs. You may need to use toothpicks or kitchen string; you don't want
the butter leaking out when you brown the chicken. Thanks for the reminder;
I haven't made this in a long time and it's yummy!

Jill

#51: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:04:00 by Damsel

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 17:50:48 -0600, &quot;jmcquown&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:jmcquown&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">jmcquown&#64;bellsouth.net</a>&gt;
wrote:

&gt;Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Chicken Kiev
&gt;
&gt;Make sure you cut the butter and chill (even freeze it) well before you put
&gt;it in the flattened chicken breasts with the garlic and parsley. And roll
&gt;the flattented breasts up completely before dredging in the egg wash and
&gt;crumbs. You may need to use toothpicks or kitchen string; you don't want
&gt;the butter leaking out when you brown the chicken. Thanks for the reminder;
&gt;I haven't made this in a long time and it's yummy!

No can do, Jill. We bought them pre-assembled, and they're in the freezer
(the butter is very, very cold). I'm going to have to call the butcher
shop and find out how to cook the things.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll someday become brave enough to try
making them from scratch, all by myself.

Carol

#52: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:27:43 by rnchackett

&quot;Wayne Boatwright&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:Xns95F9A1DBB9D95wbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18..." target="_blank">Xns95F9A1DBB9D95wbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18...</a>
&gt; On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:46:33p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt; rec.food.cooking:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; On 10 Feb 2005 21:06:12 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;On Thu 10 Feb 2005 01:46:00p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt;&gt;rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol, mooning Wayne
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;You do such ugly things! (I love Chicken Kiev!)
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; So now you're saying I don't have a cute ass?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Carol, walking her donkey down a dusty road
&gt;
&gt; Well, if you get down there, Moon Over Miami! Florida will love you! &lt;vbg&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Wayne
=========

Hey, hey, hey... I resemble that remark!

Cyndi

#53: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:29:09 by rnchackett

&quot;Cindy Hamilton&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:angelicapaganelli&#64;hotmail.com" target="_blank">angelicapaganelli&#64;hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1108044694.236908.50020&#64;f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108044694.236908.50020&#64;f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; jmcquown wrote:
&gt;&gt; Cindy Hamilton wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt; ravinwulf wrote:
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks
&gt; with a
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; port reduction sauce
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; It's a Monday. Something extremely simple, like &quot;defrost some
&gt;&gt; &gt; spaghetti sauce, boil some pasta, make a salad&quot;.
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; Nothing special over the weekend. We don't observe Hallmark
&gt; Holidays.
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt; Cindy Hamilton
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; LOL we don't spend money on Hallmark cards; we make our own cards or
&gt;&gt; 'coupons' for things like backrubs, foot massages, etc. What's wrong
&gt; with a
&gt;&gt; little romance even if it isn't a &quot;real&quot; holiday? Doesn't have to be
&gt; a
&gt;&gt; fancy meal. Spaghetti sounds good to me. Maybe you can do that
&gt; Disney
&gt;&gt; thing from 'Lady &amp; the Tramp' and slurp a strand of spaghetti between
&gt; the
&gt;&gt; two of you LOL
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Jill
&gt;
&gt; We have romance every day. No need to set aside a special day for it.
&gt;
&gt; He gets a foot massage almost every evening.
&gt;
&gt; He often brings me flowers at work, for no particular reason.
&gt;
&gt; Cindy Hamilton
&gt;==========

For a foot massage 3 times a week - * I'd * bring you flowers everyday!!

Cyndi

#54: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:34:41 by Wayne Boatwright

On Thu 10 Feb 2005 05:27:43p, Rick &amp; Cyndi wrote in rec.food.cooking:

&gt;
&gt; &quot;Wayne Boatwright&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:Xns95F9A1DBB9D95wbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18..." target="_blank">Xns95F9A1DBB9D95wbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18...</a>
&gt;&gt; On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:46:33p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt; rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; On 10 Feb 2005 21:06:12 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;On Thu 10 Feb 2005 01:46:00p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol, mooning Wayne
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;You do such ugly things! (I love Chicken Kiev!)
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; So now you're saying I don't have a cute ass?
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol, walking her donkey down a dusty road
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Well, if you get down there, Moon Over Miami! Florida will love you!
&gt;&gt; &lt;vbg&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Wayne
&gt; =========
&gt;
&gt; Hey, hey, hey... I resemble that remark!
&gt;
&gt; Cyndi

Cyndi, are you saying that you don't love Carol?

Wayne

#55: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:36:35 by Wayne Boatwright

&gt; news:<a href="mailto:Xns95F98F772457Fwbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18" target="_blank">Xns95F98F772457Fwbwattnet&#64;130.133.1.18</a>:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; On Thu 10 Feb 2005 01:46:00p, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt; rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; On 10 Feb 2005 12:30:33 GMT, Wayne Boatwright &lt;<a href="mailto:wbw&#64;att.net" target="_blank">wbw&#64;att.net</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;On Thu 10 Feb 2005 03:05:29a, Damsel in dis Dress wrote in
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;rec.food.cooking:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; On Tue, 08 Feb 2005 22:30:55 GMT, &quot;Dimitri&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net" target="_blank">Dimitri_C&#64;prodigy.net</a>&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;More often than not I see posts about
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;dinners that are so involved one wonders what the hell the SO is
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;doing during all the prep and serving.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Okay, I confess. The only thing I'm cooking from scratch is the
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; lemon topping for the cake. See how much I love Crash? &lt;EG&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Yeah, I was wondering about that Chicken Kiev! &lt;g&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Yeah, yeah, yeah. But at least it's from the butcher shop, and is
&gt;&gt;&gt; made with an actual hunk of chicken breast meat. Crash has never had
&gt;&gt;&gt; that before. Only the chopped and re-formed meat-like substance
&gt;&gt;&gt; that's used in the frozen ones.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol, mooning Wayne
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; You do such ugly things! (I love Chicken Kiev!)
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Wayne
&gt;&gt;
&gt;
&gt; *I* think we should steal it, don't you?
&gt;
&gt; Michael &lt;- putting on the black mask
&gt;

Yes, definitely!

Wayne

#56: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:37:10 by Christine Dabney

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 23:03:35 GMT, Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt;
wrote:

&gt;Probably. Interns have no lives. IMO they will do anything for cake ;)
&gt;
&gt;Michael
In the hospitals where I work, interns, residents, nurses will devour
anything that looks edible, much less cake!

Christine

#57: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:38:51 by Tonya_049

Date: Tue, Feb 8, 2005 <a href="mailto:ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net" target="_blank">ravinwlf&#64;bellsouth.net</a> (ravinwulf) WROTE:
I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate covered
strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still need a
salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in addition
to the asparagus...
Regards,
Tracy-----------------------------------------------
RESPONSE: Howard Stern's engagement chicken, homemade chicken rice,
brussel sprouts with cheese sauce-? &amp; sanders chocolate bumpy cake.

#58: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 01:42:50 by usenetlyn

ravinwulf wrote:
&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks with a
&gt; port reduction sauce, asparagus on the side and either chocolate
&gt; covered strawberries or chocolate lava lava cakes for dessert. Still
&gt; need a salad or starter of some kind and I'm debating another side in
&gt; addition to the asparagus...
&gt;
&gt; Regards,
&gt; Tracy R.

I have *no* idea. DH told me to keep Sunday open, he arranged a
sitter, so I have absolutley no idea whatsoever about what he may have
up his sleeve. Surprised the heck out of me - we have been together 7
years, and this is the first time he has ever made plans
all-on-his-own, for V-Day.

-L.

#59: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 03:07:49 by Puester

Dimitri wrote:
&gt;
&gt; I think the people here are missing part of the point or I did not explain
&gt; myself clearly. IMHO Romance involves 1 to 1 contact not standing in the
&gt; kitchen watching someone whisk the butter into the Hollandaise. In this life
&gt; we have precious little time with each other especially when we are involved
&gt; in the BUSINESS (yes, I know I'm yelling) of running a family especially
&gt; when the children come along. To me it's more important to look into the
&gt; SO's eyes and tell them what they really mean to me, or have them tell me
&gt; just what I mean to them.
&gt;

You romantic devil, you! (That was very sweet.)

gloria p

#60: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 04:54:41 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#61: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 04:56:37 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#62: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 04:57:46 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#63: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 05:15:33 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#64: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 05:19:17 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#65: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 10:11:38 by kilikini

Rick &amp; Cyndi wrote:
&gt; &quot;Cindy Hamilton&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:angelicapaganelli&#64;hotmail.com" target="_blank">angelicapaganelli&#64;hotmail.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:1108044694.236908.50020&#64;f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108044694.236908.50020&#64;f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; jmcquown wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt; Cindy Hamilton wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; ravinwulf wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; I'm leaning toward either beef wellington or tenderloin steaks
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; with a port reduction sauce
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; It's a Monday. Something extremely simple, like &quot;defrost some
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; spaghetti sauce, boil some pasta, make a salad&quot;.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Nothing special over the weekend. We don't observe Hallmark
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Holidays.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Cindy Hamilton
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; LOL we don't spend money on Hallmark cards; we make our own cards or
&gt;&gt;&gt; 'coupons' for things like backrubs, foot massages, etc. What's
&gt;&gt;&gt; wrong with a little romance even if it isn't a &quot;real&quot; holiday?
&gt;&gt;&gt; Doesn't have to be a fancy meal. Spaghetti sounds good to me.
&gt;&gt;&gt; Maybe you can do that Disney thing from 'Lady &amp; the Tramp' and
&gt;&gt;&gt; slurp a strand of spaghetti between the two of you LOL
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Jill
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; We have romance every day. No need to set aside a special day for
&gt;&gt; it.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; He gets a foot massage almost every evening.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; He often brings me flowers at work, for no particular reason.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Cindy Hamilton
&gt;&gt; ==========
&gt;
&gt; For a foot massage 3 times a week - * I'd * bring you flowers
&gt; everyday!!
&gt;
&gt; Cyndi

I give my hubby a hand and foot massage about once a week. He's a carpenter
and he works so hard he comes home all tired. It's the least I can do. He
enjoys it, it relaxes him and as a result I enjoy giving them to him to see
his reaction.

kili

#66: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 16:33:58 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#67: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-11 16:34:56 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#68: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 01:56:00 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#69: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 01:57:41 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#70: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 03:03:21 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#71: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 03:04:14 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#72: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 03:06:54 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#73: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 03:17:01 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#74: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 06:55:12 by sf

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 09:19:36 GMT, &quot;kilikini&quot;
&lt;<a href="mailto:kilikini&#64;NOSPAMtampabay.rr.com" target="_blank">kilikini&#64;NOSPAMtampabay.rr.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; I give my hubby a hand and foot massage about once a week. He's a carpenter
&gt; and he works so hard he comes home all tired. It's the least I can do. He
&gt; enjoys it, it relaxes him and as a result I enjoy giving them to him to see
&gt; his reaction.

LOL! You're a newlywed, Honey... I'm sure you DO!

&lt;big wink&gt;

sf

#75: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 07:02:43 by sf

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:57:41 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
&lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; He says he'll buy us a new TV for the occasion.

Can I join in? I'm harmless too, but in a different way.

sf

#76: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 07:13:28 by Damsel

sf &lt;<a href="mailto:nobody&#64;comcast.net" target="_blank">nobody&#64;comcast.net</a>&gt; , if that's their real name, wrote:

&gt;On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 18:57:41 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
&gt;&lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; He says he'll buy us a new TV for the occasion.
&gt;
&gt;Can I join in? I'm harmless too, but in a different way.
&gt;
&gt;sf

You, me, and Dog3? I'm gonna have to get a bigger bed!

Carol

#77: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 14:03:04 by dwesten

In article &lt;<a href="mailto:94pq01ltr8g3gfuoprch4kpjsdqkj2fjo4&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">94pq01ltr8g3gfuoprch4kpjsdqkj2fjo4&#64;4ax.com</a>&gt;,
Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt; , if that's their real name, wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt;Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; &gt;news:<a href="mailto:1vkq01d05cgkf27m5lc5rcquhrtdeqpcjv&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">1vkq01d05cgkf27m5lc5rcquhrtdeqpcjv&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; He's reading over my shoulder. When he sees you, he's gonna kick your
&gt; &gt;&gt; ass.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;I might like it.
&gt;
&gt; Well, you kinky little bastard!
&gt;
&gt; Smooches,
&gt; Carol

Hey, I thought RFC was a family newsgroup!

Regards,
Dave W.

--
Living in the Ozarks
For email, edu will do.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth
becomes a revolutionary act. - George Orwell, (1903-1950)

#78: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 15:04:38 by Damsel

&quot;Dave W.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:dwesten&#64;uark.education" target="_blank">dwesten&#64;uark.education</a>&gt; , if that's their real name, wrote:

&gt;In article &lt;<a href="mailto:94pq01ltr8g3gfuoprch4kpjsdqkj2fjo4&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">94pq01ltr8g3gfuoprch4kpjsdqkj2fjo4&#64;4ax.com</a>&gt;,
&gt; Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt; , if that's their real name, wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt;&gt; &gt;news:<a href="mailto:1vkq01d05cgkf27m5lc5rcquhrtdeqpcjv&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">1vkq01d05cgkf27m5lc5rcquhrtdeqpcjv&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; He's reading over my shoulder. When he sees you, he's gonna kick your
&gt;&gt; &gt;&gt; ass.
&gt;&gt; &gt;
&gt;&gt; &gt;I might like it.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Well, you kinky little bastard!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Smooches,
&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;
&gt;Hey, I thought RFC was a family newsgroup!

Don't tell me ... it's Dog3. I'm completely innocent in all of this. ;)

Carol

#79: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 16:24:04 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#80: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 16:24:57 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#81: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 16:25:30 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#82: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 17:21:16 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#83: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 17:22:40 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#84: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 17:24:43 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#85: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 18:13:42 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#86: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 18:14:35 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#87: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 18:15:05 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#88: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 18:16:32 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#89: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 22:04:53 by dwesten

In article &lt;<a href="mailto:c8bs01djc737uh6ramfls7s6ahv4mdq0f7&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">c8bs01djc737uh6ramfls7s6ahv4mdq0f7&#64;4ax.com</a>&gt;,
Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote:

&gt; Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt; , if that's their real name, wrote:
&gt;
&gt; &gt;Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; &gt;news:<a href="mailto:l63s01dtvh2u7e4cqb6mfsbiajtt076hei&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">l63s01dtvh2u7e4cqb6mfsbiajtt076hei&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; &quot;Dave W.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:dwesten&#64;uark.education" target="_blank">dwesten&#64;uark.education</a>&gt; , if that's their real name, wrote:
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt;&gt;Hey, I thought RFC was a family newsgroup!
&gt; &gt;&gt;
&gt; &gt;&gt; Don't tell me ... it's Dog3. I'm completely innocent in all of this.
&gt; &gt;&gt; ;)
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt;Well, he can tell the kids not to watch ;)
&gt;
&gt; So true. That's just good parenting. ;)
&gt;
&gt; Carol

Hey, I don't got no kids. I'm worried about keeping _myself_ &quot;pure.&quot;

In any case, thanks for listening. I've got to get back to my
devotionals ....

Reverently yours,
Dave W.

#90: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 22:10:23 by Damsel

&quot;Dave W.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:dwesten&#64;uark.education" target="_blank">dwesten&#64;uark.education</a>&gt;, if that's their real name, wrote:

&gt; I'm worried about keeping _myself_ &quot;pure.&quot;
&gt;
&gt;In any case, thanks for listening. I've got to get back to my
&gt;devotionals ....
&gt;
&gt;Reverently yours,
&gt;Dave W.

I'll have a long talk with Dog3, and explain the niceties of Usenet posting
so he'll never offend you again. Some people's mutts!

Carol

#91: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 23:03:09 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#92: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 23:03:50 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#93: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 23:05:01 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#94: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-12 23:56:22 by Charles Gifford

&quot;Melba's Jammin'&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:barbschaller&#64;birthwink.net" target="_blank">barbschaller&#64;birthwink.net</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:barbschaller-EF8184.15480808022005&#64;news.individual.net..." target="_blank">barbschaller-EF8184.15480808022005&#64;news.individual.net...</a>
&gt;
&gt; Nothing. I'll probably be having dinner out alone or with a couple
&gt; women -- we've got lecture series tickets and usually eat downtown
&gt; before attending the lecture.
&gt; --
&gt; -Barb

I know what I am having!!! Toast with &quot;Can't be Beet Jelly&quot;! Later on I'm
going to try some luscious Cherry Preserves on a dish of vanilla ice cream!!
Thanks Barb!!!

Charlie, suddenly ready for Valentine's day!

#95: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 05:02:05 by MareCat

&quot;-L.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1108082570.468679.49590&#64;l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108082570.468679.49590&#64;l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; I have *no* idea. DH told me to keep Sunday open, he arranged a
&gt; sitter, so I have absolutley no idea whatsoever about what he may have
&gt; up his sleeve. Surprised the heck out of me - we have been together 7
&gt; years, and this is the first time he has ever made plans
&gt; all-on-his-own, for V-Day.

Oooo...that sounds like fun, Lyn!! Hope you two have a great time! :)

DH wants me to make Guinness stew for V-day dinner. I wanted to make
something more elaborate and suggested Beef Wellington or Chicken Kiev, but
no, he wants stew. OK... Fine with me.

Mary

#96: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 05:56:04 by usenetlyn

MareCat wrote:
&gt; &quot;-L.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:1108082570.468679.49590&#64;l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108082570.468679.49590&#64;l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; I have *no* idea. DH told me to keep Sunday open, he arranged a
&gt; &gt; sitter, so I have absolutley no idea whatsoever about what he may
have
&gt; &gt; up his sleeve. Surprised the heck out of me - we have been
together 7
&gt; &gt; years, and this is the first time he has ever made plans
&gt; &gt; all-on-his-own, for V-Day.
&gt;
&gt; Oooo...that sounds like fun, Lyn!! Hope you two have a great time! :)
&gt;
&gt; DH wants me to make Guinness stew for V-day dinner.

Hummm...what is Guinness stew?

-L.
(intrigued...)

#97: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 11:08:09 by kilikini

Dog3 wrote:
&gt; Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:6ces0199f2q8a7qtvipn2q608srk99moc1&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">6ces0199f2q8a7qtvipn2q608srk99moc1&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt; , if that's their real name,
&gt;&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt;&gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:d5bs0112ld478p3dvjk249kbulvg337fcs&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">d5bs0112ld478p3dvjk249kbulvg337fcs&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Okay now, is this gonna be at my place or yours? We have a very
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; humble abode.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; We can do it at mine. I can easily do a bash for 75-100 people but
&gt;&gt;&gt; it will be all buffet tables etc. or there will be no room to mosey
&gt;&gt;&gt; around. The floorplan is excellent for large parties. If it's cold,
&gt;&gt;&gt; we'll have huge fires in both fireplaces. You'll all have to ignore
&gt;&gt;&gt; my hideous kitchen decor.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Whoa! Your abode is much less humble than mine! You can't fit two
&gt;&gt; people in our kitchen! What's wrong with your kitchen decor?
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;
&gt; It's avocado. All appliances (except dishwasher) are in perfect
&gt; working order. Former owners never cooked. The dishwasher crapped out
&gt; a couple of days ago. We replaced it today. Should be delivered and
&gt; installed on Wednesday.
&gt;
&gt; Michael &lt;- hates the kitchen

Well, let's remodel it then! We can paint it and make the avocado not look
so bad! Damsel and I have been working on her house; ask her!

kili

#98: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 15:00:03 by dwesten

In article &lt;<a href="mailto:Xns95FBA34DBCD15abtrulynastyevil&#64;69.28.186.121" target="_blank">Xns95FBA34DBCD15abtrulynastyevil&#64;69.28.186.121</a>&gt;,
Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt; wrote:

&gt; &quot;Dave W.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:dwesten&#64;uark.education" target="_blank">dwesten&#64;uark.education</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; news:<a href="mailto:dwesten-00FFBB.15035512022005&#64;news.athenanews.com" target="_blank">dwesten-00FFBB.15035512022005&#64;news.athenanews.com</a>:
&gt;
&lt;snip&gt;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Hey, I don't got no kids. I'm worried about keeping _myself_ &quot;pure.&quot;
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; In any case, thanks for listening. I've got to get back to my
&gt; &gt; devotionals ....
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Reverently yours,
&gt; &gt; Dave W.
&gt; &gt;
&gt;
&gt; Pure? You probably have not been pure since you hit puberty ;)
&gt;
&gt; Michael

Uh .... you don't tell on me and I won't tell on you. OK?

Regards,
Dave W.

#99: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 16:32:41 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#100: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 17:50:30 by kilikini

Dog3 wrote:
&gt; &quot;kilikini&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:kilikini&#64;NOSPAMtampabay.rr.com" target="_blank">kilikini&#64;NOSPAMtampabay.rr.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt; news:dGFPd.69954$<a href="mailto:JF2.50493&#64;tornado.tampabay.rr.com" target="_blank">JF2.50493&#64;tornado.tampabay.rr.com</a>:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; Dog3 wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt; Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt;&gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:6ces0199f2q8a7qtvipn2q608srk99moc1&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">6ces0199f2q8a7qtvipn2q608srk99moc1&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Dog3 &lt;<a href="mailto:uhoh&#64;ajfl" target="_blank">uhoh&#64;ajfl</a>;ajklsd;ajlds.nutz&gt; , if that's their real name,
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; wrote:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Damsel in dis Dress &lt;<a href="mailto:damsel&#64;mailblocks.com" target="_blank">damsel&#64;mailblocks.com</a>&gt; wrote in
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; news:<a href="mailto:d5bs0112ld478p3dvjk249kbulvg337fcs&#64;4ax.com" target="_blank">d5bs0112ld478p3dvjk249kbulvg337fcs&#64;4ax.com</a>:
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Okay now, is this gonna be at my place or yours? We have a very
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; humble abode.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; We can do it at mine. I can easily do a bash for 75-100 people but
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; it will be all buffet tables etc. or there will be no room to
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; mosey around. The floorplan is excellent for large parties. If
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; it's cold, we'll have huge fires in both fireplaces. You'll all
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; have to ignore my hideous kitchen decor.
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Whoa! Your abode is much less humble than mine! You can't fit two
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; people in our kitchen! What's wrong with your kitchen decor?
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Carol
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; It's avocado. All appliances (except dishwasher) are in perfect
&gt;&gt;&gt; working order. Former owners never cooked. The dishwasher crapped
&gt;&gt;&gt; out a couple of days ago. We replaced it today. Should be
&gt;&gt;&gt; delivered and installed on Wednesday.
&gt;&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;&gt; Michael &lt;- hates the kitchen
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Well, let's remodel it then! We can paint it and make the avocado
&gt;&gt; not look so bad! Damsel and I have been working on her house; ask
&gt;&gt; her!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; kili
&gt;
&gt; I want it all ripped out and I have some structural changes and
&gt; construction I want done. *sigh* I just need to dig up the dough to
&gt; do it the way I want it. Unless something changes in the near future,
&gt; I'm going to spruce it up a bit, as you suggested. Down with the
&gt; hideous wallpaper and I'll spring for a new (in wall) double oven and
&gt; a stovetop. A new fridge is in order also. I want an ice maker and
&gt; water dispenser on the fridge and our has neither. Then we will
&gt; paint. My brother owns a flooring business in Boulder. He's going to
&gt; put hardwood flooring down for us when we're ready.
&gt;
&gt; Michael

You *have* been thinking about this for a while, haven't you? &lt;g&gt; Yeah,
I'm working on getting some sort of funds together to redo my kitchen. It
needs a complete overhaul, but we're going to start by getting scrap wood
from my husband's jobsite to at least make and arch out of our severely
rectangled doorway. From there, I'll figure out the rest. It will be a
long, slow, painful process. I will persevere!

kili

#101: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 18:44:33 by unknown

Post removed (X-No-Archive: yes)

#102: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 19:18:18 by Damsel

&quot;kilikini&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:kilikini&#64;NOSPAMtampabay.rr.com" target="_blank">kilikini&#64;NOSPAMtampabay.rr.com</a>&gt;, if that's their real name,
wrote:

&gt;Dog3 wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; It's avocado. All appliances (except dishwasher) are in perfect
&gt;&gt; working order. Former owners never cooked.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Michael &lt;- hates the kitchen
&gt;
&gt;Well, let's remodel it then! We can paint it and make the avocado not look
&gt;so bad! Damsel and I have been working on her house; ask her!

This is going to sound all backwards, but ... How about using very, very
pale avocado paint on the walls? Might make the current appliances blend
in a bit more, and not stand out like sore thumbs.

&lt;Damsel holds out a wastebasket for all the people she hears vomiting in
the distance&gt;

Carol

#103: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-13 21:03:22 by MareCat

&quot;-L.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
news:<a href="mailto:1108270564.694868.172580&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108270564.694868.172580&#64;z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt;
&gt; MareCat wrote:
&gt; &gt; &quot;-L.&quot; &lt;<a href="mailto:usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">usenetlyn&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in message
&gt; &gt; news:<a href="mailto:1108082570.468679.49590&#64;l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com..." target="_blank">1108082570.468679.49590&#64;l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...</a>
&gt; &gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; &gt; I have *no* idea. DH told me to keep Sunday open, he arranged a
&gt; &gt; &gt; sitter, so I have absolutley no idea whatsoever about what he may
&gt; have
&gt; &gt; &gt; up his sleeve. Surprised the heck out of me - we have been
&gt; together 7
&gt; &gt; &gt; years, and this is the first time he has ever made plans
&gt; &gt; &gt; all-on-his-own, for V-Day.
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; Oooo...that sounds like fun, Lyn!! Hope you two have a great time! :)
&gt; &gt;
&gt; &gt; DH wants me to make Guinness stew for V-day dinner.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; Hummm...what is Guinness stew?
&gt;
&gt; -L.
&gt; (intrigued...)

A beef stew made with Guinness as part of the liquid (part beef broth, part
Guinness). Similar to Boeuf Bourguignon, but made with Guinness rather than
Burgundy wine (at least, that's how I make it). I make bread bowls (from
frozen bread dough) and serve the stew in those. A very yummy, homey meal!

Mary

#104: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-14 10:53:09 by Bob

kilikini wrote:

&gt; we're going to start by getting scrap wood from my husband's jobsite to at
&gt; least make and arch out of our severely rectangled doorway.

You have to endure a *rectangle* for a doorway? Oh, the HORROR! Oh, the
HUMANITY! :-)

Bob

#105: Re: So what are you making for Valentine's day?

Posted on 2005-02-14 13:04:04 by kilikini

Bob wrote:
&gt; kilikini wrote:
&gt;
&gt;&gt; we're going to start by getting scrap wood from my husband's jobsite
&gt;&gt; to at least make and arch out of our severely rectangled doorway.
&gt;
&gt; You have to endure a *rectangle* for a doorway? Oh, the HORROR! Oh,
&gt; the HUMANITY! :-)
&gt;
&gt; Bob

Oh, stop! LOL. It's a very WIDE doorway and it's just hideous. It's
screaming to be streamlined. :-). Also, next to it is another 70's-ish
opening in the wall with two wooden dowels. We're going to arch that off
too and make a breakfast nook out of it so we don't have to buy a small
kitchen table.

kili