un magret de canard pour combien de personne, poids magret de canard par personne, magret canard quantité par personne, difference between blanquette et fricassee, magret de canard combien de gramme par personne, quantité magret de canard par personne, un magret fait pour combien de personne, quantité par personne pour un filet de canard, coddled vs poached, lentil scum

#1: Hot lunch on a cool day....

Posted on 2006-07-17 03:55:34 by LucasP

Leftover Satay chicken skewers and fried rice.

Made them a couple of nights ago. Cut some chook thigh fillets up to go
onto the skewers, marinated them for a day in a mix of coconut cream,
tumeric and cayenne pepper. Bought some satay sauce from my local
Chinese cook and threw some extras in (fresh chopped red and green
cayenne chillis, sunflower seeds).

With the left over marinade, I just chopped up some capsicums and onions
(and some more red chillis) and dropped them into the wok. Gave it about
2mins and used that as a sauce/side as well.

Now the leftover fried rice has all this lovely yellowy sauce through it
with the chicken pieces on top, covered by the satay sauce:-)

It's just finished reheating, so I'm outta here!!

--
Peter Lucas
Brisbane

'Enjoy today, it was paid for by a veteran'

#2: Re: Hot lunch on a cool day....

Posted on 2006-07-17 05:26:46 by Spitzmaus

PeterL sez:
> Leftover Satay chicken skewers and fried rice.
>
> Made them a couple of nights ago. Cut some chook thigh fillets up to go
> onto the skewers, marinated them for a day in a mix of coconut cream,
> tumeric and cayenne pepper. Bought some satay sauce from my local
> Chinese cook and threw some extras in (fresh chopped red and green
> cayenne chillis, sunflower seeds).
>
> With the left over marinade, I just chopped up some capsicums and onions
> (and some more red chillis) and dropped them into the wok. Gave it about
> 2mins and used that as a sauce/side as well.
>
> Now the leftover fried rice has all this lovely yellowy sauce through it
> with the chicken pieces on top, covered by the satay sauce:-)
>
> It's just finished reheating, so I'm outta here!!

Sounds terrific, albeit not a meal I'd choose after a cooker of a day
such as we've just had! It's gazpacho again tonight, room-temp
frittata, a buckwheat green salad, and a LARGE gin and tonic. Mango and
chocolate sorbets for dessert . . .

Spitz, semi-wilting
--
Mind the runner beans!

#3: Re: Hot lunch on a cool day....

Posted on 2006-07-17 05:29:22 by LucasP

Spitzmaus &lt;<a href="mailto:collardini&#64;yahoo.com" target="_blank">collardini&#64;yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote in
news:<a href="mailto:4rCdnVw6E84VnibZnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d&#64;comcast.com" target="_blank">4rCdnVw6E84VnibZnZ2dnUVZ_uidnZ2d&#64;comcast.com</a>:

&gt; PeterL sez:
&gt;&gt; Leftover Satay chicken skewers and fried rice.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Made them a couple of nights ago. Cut some chook thigh fillets up to
&gt;&gt; go onto the skewers, marinated them for a day in a mix of coconut
&gt;&gt; cream, tumeric and cayenne pepper. Bought some satay sauce from my
&gt;&gt; local Chinese cook and threw some extras in (fresh chopped red and
&gt;&gt; green cayenne chillis, sunflower seeds).
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; With the left over marinade, I just chopped up some capsicums and
&gt;&gt; onions (and some more red chillis) and dropped them into the wok.
&gt;&gt; Gave it about 2mins and used that as a sauce/side as well.
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; Now the leftover fried rice has all this lovely yellowy sauce through
&gt;&gt; it with the chicken pieces on top, covered by the satay sauce:-)
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt; It's just finished reheating, so I'm outta here!!
&gt;&gt;
&gt;&gt;
&gt; Sounds terrific, albeit not a meal I'd choose after a cooker of a day
&gt; such as we've just had! It's gazpacho again tonight, room-temp
&gt; frittata, a buckwheat green salad, and a LARGE gin and tonic. Mango
&gt; and chocolate sorbets for dessert . . .
&gt;
&gt; Spitz, semi-wilting
&gt; --

Well, I was freezing by buns off here..... enough so, I had to go have a
looooooong hot shower!!

But the Sun is out now, so I'm going to take the pooch for a walk.

#4: Re: Hot lunch on a cool day....

Posted on 2006-07-17 06:42:23 by LadyJane

Spitzmaus wrote:

&gt; Sounds terrific, albeit not a meal I'd choose after a cooker of a day
&gt; such as we've just had! It's gazpacho again tonight, room-temp
&gt; frittata, a buckwheat green salad, and a LARGE gin and tonic. Mango and
&gt; chocolate sorbets for dessert . . .

Hey Spitz... got just the glass for that LARGE G&amp;T (be sure to add a
lime twist though).... hehehe

pictured next to a standard wine glass.... which looks somewhat dwarfed

the one on the left (my Naughty Glass*) holds around 645ml... just
short of a bottle!

(*My husband bought it as a Mother's Day present from our kids when
they were about 3 - &quot;This is for when we're really, really, really
naughty Mum!&quot; - said with big smiles)
it saw considerable service up to the time they were about 6, then had
a haitus, then solid use from age 14 onwards!!

LadyJane
--
&quot;Never trust a skinny (or sober) cook!&quot;